Bharti Airtel expands service agreement with EricssonNovember 28th, 2011 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 28 (IANS) Telecom major Bharti Airtel Monday expanded for five years its managed services agreement for India operations with Swedish telecom equipment provider Ericsson.
“Bharti Airtel, a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 19 countries across Asia and Africa, today expanded its managed services agreement with Ericsson for its India operations,” the Swedish firm said in a statement.
“Under this new five-year multi-vendor, multi-technology managed services agreement, Ericsson will operate, maintain and provide services across 70 percent of Bharti Airtel’s network in India,” it added.
The company, however, did not disclose the financial transaction involved.
Under the agreement, Ericsson will also take responsibility for the intelligent network that manages Bharti Airtel’s prepaid customer base.
“With India emerging as the third largest internet market and a multi-fold growth in data traffic on the back of a rising number of smartphones, wireless networks need to be ready for the data revolution that has only just begun,” said Sanjay Kapoor, chief executive officer (India and South Asia), Bharti Airtel.
The 15 telecom circles under the scope of the partnership are Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh (west), Uttar Pradesh (east), Rajasthan, northeastern states, Assam, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Chennai and Kerala.
- Bharti Airtel inks managed services deal with Ericsson - Jul 21, 2011
- Low-cost mobiles to drive 3G growth: Ericsson - Aug 11, 2011
- Ericsson wins $1.3 billion contract to upgrade Airtel network - Mar 31, 2010
- Bharti Airtel signs network expansion deal with Huawei - Jun 01, 2011
- IBM to manage Bharti Airtel's IT operations in Africa - Sep 17, 2010
- Bharti Airtel to launch 3G by year-end - Oct 25, 2010
- Airtel touches 50 million customers mark in Africa - Nov 30, 2011
- Airtel Nigeria most innovative company of the year - Sep 10, 2012
- Airtel deal with Nokia Siemens for expansion in Africa - Sep 29, 2011
- Bharti Airtel in deal with IBM for IT solutions to African employees - Jul 12, 2011
- Bharti selects Ericsson, Huawei for services in Bangladesh - Oct 07, 2010
- Idea, Vodafone end one paisa tariff - Jul 28, 2011
- Ericsson, Nokia and Huawei to partner Bharti's 3G roll-out - Sep 20, 2010
- Huawei to manage Bharti Airtel's 4G network in Karnataka - May 01, 2012
- Bharti Airtel buys 49 percent of Qualcomm's India business - May 24, 2012
Tags: bharti airtel, chief executive officer, data revolution, data traffic, financial transaction, global telecommunications company, himachal pradesh, india and south asia, india operations, intelligent network, internet market, jammu and kashmir, managed services, northeastern states, sanjay kapoor, swedish firm, swedish telecom, tamil nadu chennai, telecom circles, telecom equipment