Bharat Petroleum’s third quarter profit up 172 percentJanuary 29th, 2009 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) State-run refiner Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) Thursday announced 172 percent rise in net profit for the quarter ended Dec 31 over the year-ago period.The company’s net profit went up to Rs.7.9 billion (Rs.790 crore/$161 million) in the third quarter from Rs.2.9 billion a year ago.
The total income rose 10 percent in the October-December quarter to Rs.321.8 billon against Rs.292.5 billion in the corresponding period last year.
But the company reported a net loss of Rs.28.9 billion for the first nine months till Dec 31, 2008, compared to a profit of Rs.15.2 billion a year earlier.
“Financial results of the nine months period have been adversely affected by the impact of high crude oil and product prices, which could not be fully passed on to the consumers,” said a company release.
Further, BPCL suffered a loss of Rs.12.8 billion due to foreign exchange fluctuations during the nine-month period.
- Reliance Industries net profit rises 28 percent to Rs.5,136 crore - Jan 21, 2011
- HDFC quarterly net profit rises 10 percent - Jan 12, 2012
- IOB quarterly net profit declines 53 percent - Jan 28, 2012
- Idea Cellular quarterly net profit rises 32 percent - Jul 23, 2012
- IOC reports quarterly net loss of Rs.7,485.55 crore - Nov 09, 2011
- BEML posts Rs.14 crore net loss in Q4 of 2011-12 - May 31, 2012
- Axis Bank quarterly net profit rises 22 percent - Jul 17, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki quarterly net profit declines 23 percent - Jul 28, 2012
- Jet Airways second quarter net profit at Rs.12.4 crore - Oct 29, 2010
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Canara Bank net up five percent in third quarter - Jan 31, 2011
- SSTL's quarterly net loss rises to Rs.1,197 crore - Apr 11, 2012
- HDFC quarterly net profit up 23.27 percent - May 10, 2011
- M & M's Q2 net profit up 7.90 percent - Oct 29, 2010
- ICICI Bank quarterly net profit rises 36 percent - Jul 27, 2012