Bharat Hotels, Kerala government to develop resortMay 14th, 2009 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 14 (IANS) The Kerala government will partner the Delhi-based Bharat Hotels to jointly develop a five-star beach resort with 45 cottages at picturesque Bekal in Kasargode district, it said Thursday.
The project, Lalit Resort and Spa, will come up on 25.57 acres given on a long-term lease by the Bekal Resorts Development Corp. Five of the 45 cottages will be floating units.
Kerala State Industrial Development Corp (KSIDC) is investing Rs.25 crore in the project, which will cost Rs.60 crore to develop.
The project, scheduled to be commissioned next May, will be the first at Bekal, known for its extensive beaches, numerous estuaries, backwaters and unspoilt environment.
Bharat Hotels owns five-star hotels and resorts at 15 major locations in India in addition to Dubai and Thailand.
- Bekal is destination next in 'God's Own Country' - May 10, 2012
- Efforts on to attract more to coastal Bekal - Aug 14, 2011
- Chandy to unveil campaign on Bekal Fort May 10 - May 03, 2012
- Kerala to support Islamic banking venture - Feb 04, 2011
- KSIDC to work on projects worth Rs.100,000 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Kerala sets up new company for high speed rail - Sep 15, 2011
- Three five-star hotels on PPP mode likely in Goa - Mar 23, 2011
- Goa's former nudist beach to have 2014 Games Village - Mar 28, 2011
- Kerala group to invest Rs.7.5 bn in new hotel ventures - May 22, 2009
- Kerala seeks approval for Rs.53,825 crore infrastructure project - Aug 20, 2012
- Lalit Suri hotel group firms up $500 mn expansion plan - May 04, 2010
- Oberoi Group opens hotel in Gurgaon - Apr 12, 2011
- Nod for official audit of Shimla's prized Wildflower Hall - Jul 15, 2011
- Indian travellers are spoilt for choice - May 26, 2011
- Park Hyatt hotel opens in Hyderabad - Apr 27, 2012