Bharat Heavy Electricals’ plant technology test centre goes on streamDecember 6th, 2008 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Tiruchirappalli, Dec 6 (IANS) A power plant technology test centre, one of only six in the world, was inaugurated by union Minister of State for Power and Commerce Jairam Ramesh at the Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) unit here. The “once through super-critical test facility”, which will enable BHEL to test boilers and other equipment, is of strategic and economic importance for the nation, Ramesh said after inaugurating the facility.
The minister added that the centre was developed at an investment of Rs.120 million and is the sixth-of-its-kind in the world.
The test facility will also enable BHEL to understand the super-critical power plant capacity well and design equipment for such plants.
A super-critical plant has a thermal efficiency of 45 percent, as compared a sub-critical plant’s efficiency level of between 30 percent and 38 percent.
The first super-critical power plant in the country, with three 660-MW units, would come up at Sipat, Chattisgarh in September next year, Ramesh said.
It will be followed by five 660-MW units at Barh, Bihar of which two units will be supplied by BHEL.
He added that BHEL would commission a 182-MW project by 2011 at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
- BHEL starts supplying super critical boilers - Apr 04, 2012
- BHEL sends super-critical boiler columns for NTPC project - Jul 18, 2009
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- Chhattisgarh's new 660 MW plant to start by December - Oct 09, 2010
- NTPC commissions 660 MW supercritical unit in Chhattisgarh - Jun 28, 2011
- Bengal to add 1,600 MW with Santaldih plant - Nov 22, 2011
- NTPC Chhattisgarh plant to generate 660 MW by October - May 12, 2010
- Thermax inks deal with US firm for supercritical boilers - Mar 10, 2010
- India takes first step towards ultra super-critical boilers - Jan 20, 2012
- BHEL to expand boiler division capacity to 20,000 MW - Apr 05, 2011
- IGCAR to develop advanced boiler for coal- fired power plants - Sep 06, 2010
- BGR Energy bags Rs.2,168 crore order - Oct 25, 2010
- BHEL signs JV with Madhya Pradesh power plant - Jan 28, 2010
- 'One-third power capacity addition by private sector' - Aug 25, 2011
- Power producer starts first supercritical tech unit - Feb 24, 2011