BGR Energy’s Q1 sales and net profit downAugust 3rd, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 3 (IANS) City-based engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company BGR Energy Systems closed the first quarter of the current fiscal with lower sales and profit as compared to the first quarter of 2011-12 owing to higher interest cost and lower order realisation.
The company, in a statement here Friday, said its sales for the period under review stood at Rs.610.79 crore and net profit at Rs.33.66 crore, down from Rs.731.18 crore and Rs.50.25 crore respectively posted during first quarter of 2011-12.
A company official not wanting to be named said though the order book position is healthy at Rs.15,000 crore, some of the clients have not taken supplies.
The Rs.16.59 crore jump in interest outgo is due to non-payment by some of the clients, the official said.
Rahul Kaul, research analyst at Angel Broking, said despite the strong order book position of BGR Energy, his firm maintains a neutral outlook on the stock as it expects weak order inflows over the coming quarters.
- BGR Energy confident of bagging new orders - Aug 04, 2012
- TEECL net profit up 24 percent in Q1 - Jul 18, 2011
- BGR Energy logs Rs.30-crore net profit - Oct 29, 2009
- DLF Q2 profit falls 11 percent - Nov 10, 2011
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- Granules India's revenues rise 37 percent - Apr 24, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- BGR Energy cuts capex for JVs with Hitachi - Aug 09, 2012
- NALCO's Q3 net profit down 80 percent - Feb 07, 2012
- Reliance Infrastructure reports decline in Q1 profits - Aug 14, 2012
- Reliance Infra quarterly net profit rises 8 percent - Aug 11, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines posts Q1 losses of Rs.651 crore - Aug 11, 2012