BGR Energy lowest bidder for NTPC’s mega tenderSeptember 15th, 2011 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 15 (IANS) Chennai-based engineering-procurement-construction (EPC) contractor BGR Energy Systems Ltd. Thursday announced that it is the lowest bidder in state-run NTPC Ltd’s bulk tender for supplying steam turbine and generator units.
“The company has emerged as the lowest bidder in the tender called for by NTPC Ltd for supply of nine units of 800 MW steam turbine and generator units,” BGR Energy said in a filing with the bourses.
“We are clearly the L1 (lowest number 1) among the bidders in respect of steam turbine and generator sets,” a company official preferring anonymity told IANS.
The firm is awaiting further details - technical and commercial - of the bids.
“However, we have gathered that we are the lowest bidder and would be awarded with the contract for supply of five steam turbine and generator units for a value of about Rs.3,500 crore,” the company said.
According to the official, the balance four units would be equally divided among the L2 and L3 bidders.
BGR Energy has a 74:26 joint venture called BGR Turbines Company with Japanese Hitachi to design, manufacture, install and commission supercritical steam turbines and generators for coal-fired power plants.
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- BGR-Hitachi power equipment plants to go on stream in 2013 - Sep 16, 2011
- Windfall for Tamil Nadu power equipment makers - Sep 18, 2011
- BGR Energy cuts capex for JVs with Hitachi - Aug 09, 2012
- BGR Energy partners with Hitachi for power equipment - Aug 06, 2010
- BGR Energy bags Rs.2,168 crore order - Oct 25, 2010
- BGR Energy confident of bagging new orders - Aug 04, 2012
- BGR Energy bags order for two 300 MW power plants - Nov 17, 2011
- Alstom Bharat Forge bags Rs.1,570-crore NTPC contract - Apr 24, 2012
- Hitachi to build power control systems in India - Mar 23, 2012
- Tie-up with Foster Wheeler on track: BGR Energy - Jan 07, 2010
- Hitachi to form new JV in India - Sep 27, 2011
- Court declines Larsen and Toubro's plea ro stay bidding - Sep 14, 2010
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro bags order worth Rs.3,500 crore - May 16, 2011
Tags: anonymity, bidders, bourses, coal fired power, coal fired power plants, energy systems, engineering procurement construction, generator units, generators, hitachi, joint venture, l1, l2, l3, mw, ntpc ltd, number 1, steam turbine, steam turbines, systems ltd