BGR Energy bags Rs.31 bn contract in Tamil NaduJuly 1st, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 1 (IANS) Energy equipment supplier BGR Energy Systems Ltd Tuesday announced it has bagged an engineering procurement construction (EPC) contract worth Rs.31 billion from Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) for the latter’s 600 MW thermal project at Mettur. The scope of the contract consists of design, engineering, supply of boiler, steam turbine generator, balance of plant equipments, including civil, structural and architectural works.
Announcing the award of the contract here, BGR Energy chairman and managing director B.G. Raghupathy said the company would buy boiler, turbine and the generator from China-based Dangfang Electric Co.
“The Chinese company has a technology tie-up with Hitachi, Japan, and we have also inked equipment operating/performance guarantee,” he added.
“After BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals) and Reliance Infrastructure, we are the third company in India to be EPC contractor for constructing power plants over 500 MW,” Raghupathy said.
According to him, the company is yet to finalise the deal for 400 KV and 220 KV gas insulated sub stations (GIS) for the project.
The 600 MW power plant is expected to be completed in around three years and would use Indian coal for power generation.
He said the total import content for the project would be around Rs.10.59 billion.
BGR Energy has an order book position of Rs.60 billion consisting of four balance of plant contracts of 500 MW each and TNEB’s order.
- BGR Energy cuts capex for JVs with Hitachi - Aug 09, 2012
- BGR-Hitachi power equipment plants to go on stream in 2013 - Sep 16, 2011
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- BGR Energy partners with Hitachi for power equipment - Aug 06, 2010
- BGR Energy bags Rs.2,168 crore order - Oct 25, 2010
- BGR Energy lowest bidder for NTPC's mega tender - Sep 15, 2011
- BGR Energy confident of bagging new orders - Aug 04, 2012
- Tamil Nadu hopes to save Rs.900 crore in Udangudi project - Feb 29, 2012
- Tie-up with Foster Wheeler on track: BGR Energy - Jan 07, 2010
- Windfall for Tamil Nadu power equipment makers - Sep 18, 2011
- BHEL's exit from Udangudi Power depends on government's offer - Feb 26, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power crisis may ease - Jun 04, 2011
- Chennai firm bags Rs.49 bn order for Rajasthan power plant - Jul 16, 2008
- Coastal Energen looking to buy out Al Rostamani stakes - Jan 19, 2012
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: architectural works, balance of plant, bharat heavy electricals, chinese company, contract worth, design engineering, electric co, electricity board, energy equipment, energy systems, engineering procurement construction, hitachi japan, import content, mw power plant, performance guarantee, power plants, s 600, steam turbine generator, tneb, worth rs