Bernie Madoff Accomplice Sonja Kohn OutedDecember 11th, 2010 - 8:50 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Sonja Kohn was outed yesterday after being slapped with a $19.6 billion lawsuit by a New York lawyer. Considered to be the criminal soul mate of Bernie Madoff, Sonja Kohn was known to have fed billions of dollars into the Ponzi scheme of Bernie Madoff while working for Medici Bank. The founder of the bank was among the many accomplices of Bernie Madoff named in the investigation on Bernie Madoff’s assets that he made from his victims.
The suit says that over 20 years Sonja Kohn exploited the privileged relationship which she had with Bernie Madoff and fed billions through her bank and other schemes into his business. Irving Picard, a New York Lawyer who has set out to recover the billions that have been swindled from the investors, has now claimed the biggest suit with the latest charges. If Irving Picard wins the suit, the damages under the federal racketeering law triple and come to $58.8 billion. In spite of his best efforts to recover all the money that Bernie Madoff had swindled, Irving Picard has not won the appreciations of many of Bernie Madoff’s victims. Some companies felt that they were targeted as accomplices of Bernie Madoff in spite of being victims of the Ponzi schemer.
Sonja Kohn is an orthodox Jew who stands out for trademark red wig. She met Bernie Madoff in 1985 and presently lives in Vienna. Irving Picard has so far recovered $2.6 billion of the estimated $65 billion swindled by Bernie Madoff with his Ponzi scheme. He has also settled his claims against Hadassah, a Jewish women’s organization which has agreed to pay $45 million for the compensation of the victims of Bernie Madoff.
- "60 Minutes" Showcases Ponzi Scheme Liquidator Bernie Madoff - Jun 21, 2010
- Trustee charges HSBC with funnelling disgraced Ponzi King Madoff's massive fraud - Dec 06, 2010
- Bernie Madoff's Boxers Anyone? - Nov 12, 2010
- Robert de Niro to star as Bernie Madoff in a new movie - Nov 08, 2011
- Bernard Madoff's Beneficiary Jeffry M. Picower's Estate To Return $7.2 Billion - Dec 18, 2010
- Liquidator Trying To Trace Ponzi Scheme Money- Reports 60 Minutes - Jun 21, 2010
- Bernie Madoff: 'I feel safer in prison' - Oct 27, 2011
- Madoff Claims To Have Secret $9 Billion Stash - Jun 21, 2010
- Dead Madoff associate's will being targetted to pay off Ponzi scheme victims - Nov 11, 2009
- Madoff sons may pay for his sins - Sep 02, 2009
- Bernie Madoff's items including boxers to be auctioned off - Nov 12, 2010
- Actor John Malkovich In Legal Drama Over Bernie Madoff Fraud - Apr 05, 2010
- Auction of Bernie Madoff's items raises $2 million - Nov 15, 2010
- John Malkovich Involved In Madoff Legal Drama - Apr 06, 2010
- Bernie Madoff's Spoils Auctioned For A Whopping $2 Million - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: accomplice, accomplices, appreciations, bernie madoff, best efforts, billions of dollars, federal racketeering, jewish women, kohn, medici bank, meena, new york lawyer, orthodox jew, picard, ponzi scheme, privileged relationship, racketeering law, red wig, sonja, soul mate