Bengal’s unorganised workers get cards to avail facilitiesFebruary 25th, 2012 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 25 (IANS) The West Bengal government will issue Samajik Mukti Card - an all purpose card - to unorganised sector workers for availing government facilities, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced Saturday.
“A single card will be issued to you using which you can avail all the facilities. With the Samajik Mukti Card you can get everything; health, education, compensation, pension or the allowances. Now, you don’t have to run around from one place to another to avail the benefits,” Banerjee said here addressing the unorganised sector workers.
The cards will be issued from April from the block offices in villages after completing the requisite formalities, she said. Banerjee also announced an increase in the value of sops available to the workers.
“The house building allowance is increased from the present Rs.5,000 to Rs.20,000. In case of normal death of a worker, the nominee will now get Rs.60,000 while in case of accidental death of a worker, his family will be given Rs.2 lakh instead of Rs.1 lakh,” said Banerjee.
In case of accident-related injury, the amount available to the worker has been doubled to Rs.50,000.
- Bengal to provide facilities to job-seekers - Mar 23, 2012
- Work culture has vastly improved in Bengal: Mamata - Jul 26, 2012
- Cabinet okays Rs.1,000 crore fund for unorganised workers - Jul 28, 2011
- Civil society demands universal pension for elderly - May 04, 2012
- Unorganised labour unions in Bengal want minimum wages revised - Dec 08, 2011
- Tripura government offers sops for construction workers - Sep 13, 2012
- Maoist victims' kin in Bengal to get Rs.5 lakh - Aug 25, 2011
- Dhumal announces sops on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Budget allocates Rs.100 crore to New Pension Scheme - Feb 26, 2010
- Keep away from Feb 28 strike, Mamata tells unorganised sector - Feb 25, 2012
- Singur protest leader now slams Mamata - Jul 09, 2011
- Kerala pays out Rs.100 crore in pension, dole for Onam - Aug 28, 2012
- Kerala to pay pensions through banks - May 29, 2012
- Tax-free bond target for infrastructure projects at Rs.60,000 crore - Mar 16, 2012
- Expansive health insurance announced for Goan families - Dec 17, 2010