Bengal’s ‘Gobindo Bhog’, ‘Tulaipanji’ rice for OlympicsJuly 25th, 2012 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 25 (IANS) West Bengal’s ‘Gobindo Bhog’ and ‘Tulaipanji’ varieties of rice are all set to tickle the taste buds of the athletes at a three-day food fest as part of the London Olympics 2012.
“We will be sending 10 kg each of ‘Gobindo Bhog’ and ‘Tulaipanji’ rice to London Olympics. It will be a part of 50 kg rice that is being sent by the centre for the branding process,” said Agricultural Marketing Minister Arup Ray.
Beginning Aug 1, all the participating nations of London Olympics would take part in the food fest.
- Indian tea makers to showcase brew at London Olympics - Jul 25, 2012
- Mango madness: Over 600 varieties at Delhi fest - Jul 08, 2012
- Mash, pie await you at Olympic food village - May 31, 2012
- Eight Tunisian wrestlers qualify for London Olympics - Mar 20, 2012
- Fortified wheat flour for Jaipur open market - Jun 26, 2012
- West Bengal to set up 31 cold storage facilities - Feb 02, 2011
- Slovenia target seven medals at London Olympics - Jul 04, 2012
- Indian boxers to compete in test event for London Olympics - Nov 22, 2011
- Food fables: Eatables have a story to tell - Dec 03, 2010
- Bengal's roses for Italy - Apr 08, 2012
- Eight Iraqi athletes to go to London - Jul 15, 2012
- Britain's taekwondo athlete Stevenson takes Olympic oath - Jul 28, 2012
- Exhibition at Royal Opera House telling stories behind the Olympics - Jul 28, 2012
- Boxers reaching London early to get acclimatised and train - Jul 12, 2012
- Designer outfits for Filipino Olympians at London - Jun 20, 2012