Bengal’s draft electronic, hardware policy next week: OfficialMarch 7th, 2012 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 6 (IANS) West Bengal is likely to come out with a draft of its electronic and hardware policy in order to draw up a new Information Technology policy, focusing on development of hardware and software industry in the state, by next week, an official said Tuesday.
“The state government will come out with an electronic and hardware policy soon. Its drafting is complete and could be out next week. We will have advisory committee meetings on it,” state Principal Secretary, Information Technology Basudeb Banerjee said at a seminar on electronic system and design manufacturing here.
The Mamata Banerjee-led government had constituted an IT expert panel on software and hardware with Infosys chairman emeritus N.R. Narayana Murthy as its chief mentor and Sam Pitroda as chairman.
State Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee said electronic and design manufacturing could be a key driver for growth.
“The state has identified the hardware potential and will formulate incentives for hardware companies,” Chatterjee said.
The state government had earlier indicated that the new policy would give priority to small and medium IT firms and lay stress on developing both software and hardware.
The state’s erstwhile Left Front government had unveiled its IT policy in 2003.
- Bengal's new IT policy emphasises animation, graphics and hardware - Aug 16, 2012
- Bengal drafting new IT policy - Aug 04, 2011
- West Bengal to have four hardware hubs - May 04, 2012
- Bengal's new IT policy to boost animation, hardware jobs (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Mentor our IT groups, Bengal urges Narayana Murthy - Jul 05, 2011
- Bengal against SEZs, minister tells Infosys - Feb 20, 2012
- Lack of clarity on software exports hurting industry: Murthy - May 21, 2012
- Working groups set up for Bengal's IT sector - Sep 17, 2011
- IT industry backs Murthy, Premji on policy paralysis - Jun 14, 2012
- Government should be proactive in reducing unemployment: Narayana Murthy - Aug 03, 2012
- Bill Gates wishes Murthy as he retires from Infosys - Aug 20, 2011
- Infosys' Murthy pitches for Indians to study in Japan - Feb 27, 2012
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Indian IT to be worth $300 bn in decade - Jul 18, 2011
- Co-founder Narayana Murthy bids adieu to Infosys - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: advisory committee meetings, chairman emeritus, chief mentor, electronic hardware, electronic system, expert panel, hardware companies, hardware policy, industry minister, information technology policy, infosys, mamata banerjee, n r narayana murthy, narayana murthy, new information technology, partha chatterjee, principal secretary, sam pitroda, software industry, west bengal