Bengal to have two jute parks by this yearJuly 2nd, 2012 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 2 (IANS) West Bengal could have two jute parks, one each in Burdwan and North Dinajpur districts, by the end of 2012, am official said Monday.
“We are expecting that at least by the end of this calendar year, wecould have two jute parks in the state,” Jute Commissioner in the central textiles ministry and National Jute Board Secretary Atri Bhattacharya told reporters on the sidelines of an event, organised by the Bharat Chamber of Commerce here.
The parks, to be set up at Shaktigarh in Burdwan district and Raniganj in North Dinajpur district, are a part of the four upcoming parks in the country planned by the textile ministry under the Jute Technology Mission.
The other two are to be located in Purnea in Bihar and in Silchar in Assam, which are likely to become operational by the end of the current fiscal.
Under the Jute Technology Mission, the government had introduced a scheme for establishing jute parks in the country. The subsidy available under this scheme for establishment of the jute parks is 40 percent of the eligible cost for setting up common infrastructure in the park(excluding the cost of land), subject to a maximum of Rs.7.5 crore.
The initial infrastructural investment in the parks is around Rs.50 crore, Bhattacharya said.
- West Bengal's jute industry seeks way out of crisis - Mar 06, 2011
- Rs.2,100 crore sanctioned for textiles parks - Oct 27, 2011
- Another use for jute - make a road - Apr 19, 2009
- Jute geo-textiles for railway track: Mamata - Feb 24, 2010
- Financial subsidy for textiles sector to continue in 12th plan - Aug 25, 2011
- Cabinet panel clears Monsoon Mission - Apr 26, 2012
- Jute blazers and Jerseys for junior East Bengal footballers - Jul 21, 2010
- Lepakshi Knowledge Hub to set up textile park - Feb 29, 2012
- Policy to promote textiles in northeast suggested - May 21, 2012
- Centre restructures Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme - May 01, 2011
- Rajasthan's textiles push with nine dedicated parks - Sep 02, 2012
- Shristi plans integrated logistic hub in Bengal - Jun 15, 2012
- Northeast's fourth mega food park in Tripura - Jul 29, 2012
- Jute council eyes African, East European markets - Nov 02, 2009
- Maran asks West Bengal to quickly set up jute parks - Oct 07, 2009
Tags: assam, atri, bhattacharya, bihar, board secretary, burdwan, calendar year, chamber of commerce, dinajpur district, infrastructure, jute, purnea, rs 50, sidelines, silchar, subsidy, technology mission, textile ministry, textiles, west bengal