Bengal inks land lease pacts with seven firmsApril 18th, 2012 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 18 (IANS) The West Bengal government Wednesday signed land lease pacts with seven companies which would set up their industrial units in the state, involving a total investment of more than Rs 52.8 billion.
The land lease deeds were inked between West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation (WBIDC), a premier agency of the state’s Commerce and Industries Department, and the firms, including Prasoon Mukherjee-led Mahabharat Motors and Matix Group’s flagship company Matix Fertilizers And Chemicals Ltd.
Matix Fertilizers And Chemicals Ltd would set up Rs.50 billion mega project at Panagarh industrial park in Burdwan district.
“After 16 long years, this will be the first time Bengal will have an urea making facility. I have had discussions with officials of the company and they have assured me the project will be completed by March, 2013,” state Industry Minister and WBIDC chairman Partha Chatterjee said here.
“The facility can create 500 direct and 200 indirect jobs,” Chatterjee claimed.
- JSW Steel's Salboni project to 'restart' in August: Bengal minister - Jul 25, 2012
- Mamata government receives Rs.80,000 crore investment proposals - Mar 15, 2012
- TVS to produce bikes in Bengal for eastern India - Oct 29, 2011
- Bengal government to sort out JSW's plant problems - Oct 29, 2011
- Sajjan Jindal's Bengal steel project to start soon - Jul 11, 2012
- Bengal moves to recover WBIDC loans - Aug 07, 2012
- Haldia Petrochemicals expects Rs.10,000 crore turnover this fiscal - Jun 11, 2011
- West Bengal woos start-ups with simpler procedures - Sep 23, 2011
- H&R; Johnson India to enter wellness industry - Jun 26, 2012
- P&H; Joy to invest $25mn in Bengal mining equipment unit - Jan 11, 2012
- Bengal to monitor investment proposals in a better manner - Oct 15, 2011
- Maruti plans Rs.80 crore logistic hub in Bengal - Jan 13, 2012
- Bhattacharyya resigns as Haldia Petrochemicals MD - Jun 19, 2012
- HPL eyes two projects to beat financial crisis - Oct 26, 2011
- Mamata government says it stands by farmers - Jun 22, 2012