Bengal hopeful of central funds for tourism developmentMarch 2nd, 2012 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 1 (IANS) West Bengal is hopeful of getting funds from the central government in the upcoming budget allocation for development of tourism, state Tourism Minister Rachhpal Singh said Thursday.
“We have urged the centre to include eastern India in its ‘Incredible India’ campaign as the region has remained unexplored since the beginning. They have promised us to allot funds in the coming union budget for the tourism development in the region.. though the funds may not be sufficient,” Singh told reporters on the sidelines of the third edition of ‘Destination East’ tourism fair here.
Manab Pal, chairman, tourism sub-committee of CII eastern region, said that this year, they hoped to attract over 50,000 tourists and expecting a tourism business of around Rs.1,000 crore in the state.
- Budgetary allocation doubled but mixed response in northeast (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Sikkim gets marginal hike in funds for annual plan (With Images) - Apr 13, 2012
- Tourism gets mere nine percent hike in budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget: Travel industry feels neglected - Mar 17, 2012
- CII demands Rs.50 bn for Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme - Feb 16, 2010
- Finetune policies to promote community tourism: Study - Apr 15, 2012
- IOA writes to Pranab, wants more funds for sports - Mar 04, 2012
- India needs to streamline visa, infrastructure to tap tourism potential: Experts - Feb 12, 2012
- Allocation for northeast doubled to Rs.8,000 crore - Feb 28, 2011
- Greater synergy needed to boost tourism: Sahay - Mar 29, 2011
- Prominent highlights of 2012-13 budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Tourism gets 10 percent hike in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Tourism Ministers conference to kick off in Rishikesh tomorrow - Apr 20, 2011
- Rs.5,500-crore for Bangalore infrastructure in state budget - Mar 22, 2012
- Subodh Kant Sahai calls for more thrust on domestic tourism - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: budget allocation, central funds, central government, crore, development of tourism, eastern india, hopeful, incredible india, march 1, rs 1, sidelines, state tourism, tourism business, tourism development, tourism fair, tourism minister, tourists, union budget, west bengal