BEML posts Rs.14 crore net loss in Q4 of 2011-12May 31st, 2012 - 11:38 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 31 (IANS) State-run defence behemoth BEML, at the centre of a controversey involving its Tatra heavy-duty trucks, reported a Rs.14 crore net loss for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011-12 as against a net profit of Rs.70 crore in same period of previous fiscal (2010-11), registering a whopping decline of 80 percent year-on-year (YoY).
In a regulatory filing late Thursday, the Bangalore-based public sector enterprise said net profit for the entire fiscal under review (FY 2012) also declined 61 percent YoY to Rs.57 crore from Rs.147 crore in fiscal 2011.
The company has recently got embroiled in a raging controversy with the Indian Army, whose outgoing chief Gen. V.K. Singh, who said he was offered a bribe to accept sub-standard vehicles.
The company’s total income from operations, including net sales and other income for quarter under review (Q4), declined 16 percent to Rs.793 crore from Rs.942 crore in like period an year ago.
Consolidated income for whole fiscal (2011-12), however, is marginally up 2.7 percent YoY to Rs.2,715 crore from Rs.2,644 crore in the previous fiscal (2010-11).
Sequentially too, the net profit declined 65 percent to Rs.14 crore in last quarter from Rs.40 crore in the third quarter (October-December) of fiscal under review.
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Syndicate bank net up marginally in Q4 - May 05, 2012
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- Infosys net up 27 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro net up eight percent in fourth quarter - Apr 25, 2012
- Infosys net profit up 9.7 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 15, 2011
- Syndicate Bank quarterly net up 72 percent - May 12, 2011
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- Wipro net profit up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 20, 2012
- Canara Bank net up 79 percent in fourth quarter - May 05, 2011
- Infinite Computer Solutions yearly net up 35 percent - May 10, 2011
- Sonata Software net dips 64 percent in second quarter - Nov 04, 2011
Tags: behemoth, beml, bribe, consolidated income, controversey, controversy, fourth quarter, heavy duty trucks, indian army, last quarter, net profit, net sales, public sector enterprise, q4, rs 2, rs 40, whopping decline, yoy