BEML chief suspendedJune 11th, 2012 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) The defence ministry Monday suspended public sector undertaking Bharat Earth Movers Ltd. (BEML) chairman V.R.S. Natarajan from his post on a recommendation from the CBI that is probing the Tatra military trucks supply deal.
“The government has put BEML CMD V.R.S. Natarajan under suspension following a recommendation by the CBI that he should be kept away from the post to ensure fair investigation,” defence ministry spokesperson Sitanshu Kar said here.
The charge of CMD has been given to P. Dwarkanath, the senior most functional director in BEML.
The CBI is currently investigating various charges against Natarajan, particularly after former army chief Gen. V.K. Singh openly alleged that an attempt was made to bribe him to clear a supply order for Tatra trucks from BEML.
- BEML chairman suspended, claims innocence (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- CBI questions BEML chief in Tatra trucks case (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Tatra deal: CBI searches homes of former army officers - Apr 18, 2012
- BEML, Tatra dismiss graft charges - Mar 29, 2012
- Antony asks DPSUs to maintain transparency - Apr 12, 2012
- Tatra deal: BEML to sue ex-army chief for defemation - Jun 01, 2012
- Tatra scam: CBI searches two ex army officers' homes (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Tatra scam: CBI searches homes of two ex army officers (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Army chief sounds conciliatory, BJP demands Antony quit (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Antony says he acted on BEML irregularities - Mar 30, 2012
- Tatra deal: BEML to sue ex-army chief for defamation (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- CBI searches BEML chairman's office, residence - Apr 19, 2012
- CBI files graft case against BEML chairman, consultant (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Clean chit to Tatra trucks after army chief's allegations - Mar 26, 2012
- BEML head hits out at army for targeting Tatra trucks - Mar 30, 2012