Belkin to increase Indian channel partners to 30,000December 6th, 2011 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 6 (IANS) Belkin, a US-based provider of interconnectivity solutions across computing and consumer electronic devices, is planning to increase its channel partners in India from 17,000 to 30,000 by September next year, targeting over 60 percent growth in its sales revenue.
“We are extremely bullish about the growth in 2012 in India. We are eyeing 60 percent year-on-year revenue growth in the year starting from October 2011 to September, 2012,” Belkin India Private Limited managing director Mohit Anand told reporters after announcing the launch of wired and wireless keyboards and mouse range here Tuesday.
The California-headquartered company, which entered India in 2009, posted Rs.150 crore sales revenue in the country in 2011.
Anand said the company was planning to expand its channel partners to 30,000 in the country for meeting the target.
“There are still under-penetrated markets in the country,” he stated.
He said that to support the product marketing and brand building activities in the country, the company has earmarked an investment of Rs.12 crore in marketing and advertisement for the year 2012.
The company spent Rs.8 crore in marketing and advertisement in 2011.
The company, which are operating in more than 20 countries, is looking for adding more product categories into its portfolio and also inorganic growth.
“We always look for global acquisitions,” Anand said.
Belkin had acquired Zensi, a leading developer of technology that senses and monitors energy use, in 2010.
- Digital lifestyle brand Belkin launches 24x7 helpline in Hindi - Nov 22, 2011
- Granules India's revenues rise 37 percent - Apr 24, 2012
- Bosch India net up 31 percent in 2011 - Feb 28, 2012
- Wipro upbeat despite flat IT growth - Oct 31, 2011
- Anil Ambani talks of unlocking shareholder value (Roundup) - Sep 27, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- ONGC's third quarter net profit down five percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- Assocham sees cheerful growth for foreign liquor - Jul 04, 2012
- Government to raise Rs.4,000 crore by selling stake in SAIL (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- ONGC reports Q1 net profit of Rs.6,078 crore - Aug 11, 2012
- Ashok Leyland Q2 profit up 89 percent, to expand globally - Oct 20, 2010
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: advertisement, belkin, channel partners, crore sales, electronic devices, energy use, global acquisitions, India, indian channel, launch, managing director, monitors, product categories, product marketing, senses, target, wireless keyboards and mouse, year 2012