Belarus offers trucks for Indian coal miningJune 18th, 2011 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) In a bid to boost its exports and strengthen economic ties with India, eastern European state of Belarus Saturday offered its state-of-the-art heavy duty dump trucks to Indian coal mining companies.
The offer was made to an Indian government delegation led by Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal during his meeting with Deputy Prime Minister of Belarus V. Semashko in the country’s capital Minsk, an official statement said.
“Deputy prime minister of Belarus evinced interest to associate themselves in the manufacturing of heavy duty dump trucks for coal mining in India,” the statement said.
The meeting was also attended by Belarus’s minister of industry, deputy foreign minister and deputy minister of energy.
Other machinery on offer during the talks with India included tractors and underground mining equipment.
Meanwhile, the Belarus state-owned heavy equipment manufacturer Belaz indicated that it may take part in the forthcoming tenders of heavy duty trucks which would be floated by India’s Coal India Ltd.
Belarus was formerly a republic of the Soviet Union.
- Belarus may stop oil imports from Venezuela - Jun 08, 2012
- Coal workers threaten to go on strike - May 02, 2012
- Jaiswal refutes charges on coal block allocations - Jun 01, 2012
- Coal block auctioning to begin in two months: Jaiswal - Jun 08, 2012
- GoM to meet on power sector woes, PM offers help (Roundup) - Jan 18, 2012
- We cannot meet power firms' coal demands: Minister - Dec 01, 2011
- Coal block allocations made by best screening committee: Jaiswal - Aug 17, 2012
- Patnaik rejects centre's claim on coal bidding - Aug 23, 2012
- Competitive bidding for coal blocks to begin soon: Minister - Jul 25, 2011
- Munda seeks restoration of coal block to Jharkhand - Jul 07, 2011
- No loss in coal block allocations: Government (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Coal India rolls back recent price hike - Jan 31, 2012
- Disinvestment of Coal India on cards, discloses minister - Jun 16, 2009
- We never claimed 'zero loss' in coal block allocation: Chidambaram - Aug 27, 2012
- Coal auction was opposed by five states, says minister - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: coal india ltd, coal mining companies, deputy minister, deputy prime minister, economic ties, equipment manufacturer, foreign minister, government delegation, heavy duty trucks, heavy equipment, indian government, jaiswal, minister of energy, minister of industry, New Delhi, soviet union, state of the art, tenders, tractors, underground mining equipment