BEL sales up 13 percent, pre-tax profit downApril 2nd, 2009 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 2 (IANS) State-run Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) posted a turnover of Rs.46.18 billion in 2008-09 as against Rs.41.03 billion notched up the previous fiscal, registering a 13 percent year-on-year (YoY) growth, the company said Thursday.
However, according to its provisional audit figures, profit before tax (PBT) declined by around 7 percent to Rs.10.95 billion from Rs.11.71 billion in 2007-2008.
Export earnings increased to $17.75 million from $15.43 million, a 15 percent YoY growth, the company said, adding that the order book at the beginning of this fiscal is estimated to be about Rs.100 billion.
BEL said that during the fiscal under review, it had developed and supplied high power HF communication sets, artillery combat command control systems, radar warning receivers, 3D surveillance radar Rohini, and shipborne and airborne electronic warfare systems.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- BEL records marginal sales growth in 2011-12 - Apr 02, 2012
- BEL net dips 16 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 24, 2012
- Infosys lowers guidance in dollar earnings - Jul 12, 2012
- Wage hike dips BEL net 61 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 27, 2010
- Infosys projects 21 percent revenue growth - Apr 13, 2012
- BEL pays 156 percent dividend to government - Oct 29, 2011
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Infosys ups fiscal guidance on robust growth - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Infosys net up 27 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys ups revenue guidance marginally for this fiscal - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: airborne electronic warfare, ank, artillery, asian news, bangalore, combat command, communication sets, dg, electronic warfare systems, electronics ltd, export earnings, indo, news service, pbt, receivers, rohini, surveillance radar, tax profit, turnover