BBC DJ Chris Moyles apologizes for Polish prostitute commentsDecember 5th, 2008 - 5:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 5 (ANI): Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles has apologized for his flippant remarks that suggested Polish people make good prostitutes.
He told listeners to his Radio 1 show: “I”ve always found in my experience prostitutes make very good cleaners, and their ironing, brilliant. I just find if you”re Polish you”re just very good at ironing…and prostitutes (they”re) very good also at fixing cars”.
The BBC presenters ”offensive and nasty” comments left Poles living in the UK fuming and so they launched a petition demanding an apology, reports the Telegraph.
But, yesterday, in an attempt to defuse the latest row the deejay issued a statement, claiming his words had been misinterpreted.
It read: “I didn”t mean to link Polish people and prostitution in the way that has been suggested, but of course I realise that some people have taken it that way and to those people I”m sorry for the unintentional offence.”
Moyles, who earns 650,000 pounds a year for presenting his breakfast show, made the comments on November 19. (ANI)
- Chris Moyles bids farewell to his radio show - Sep 15, 2012
- Laura Ingraham accepts Ed Schultz's apology - May 27, 2011
- Palins' Facebook target refuses to accept apology - Nov 20, 2010
- Modi attacked for malnutrition remark - Aug 30, 2012
- New Zealand apologises to Finland over remark - Mar 27, 2012
- CA chief defends axed Ponting - Feb 26, 2012
- Comment on dresses, rapes twisted: Andhra police chief - Dec 31, 2011
- Khurshid on 'cameo', party and Rahul Gandhi - Jul 14, 2012
- Adele responds to Karl Lagerfeld's "fat comments" - Feb 10, 2012
- Jennifer Hewitt promises mum to take cleaner roles in future - Jul 16, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay taking Twitter lessons! - Jan 20, 2010
- Syria's Assad not ready to stand down - Jul 20, 2012
- "A DJ can be a Bollywood Music Director, but a Bollywood Music Director can never be a DJ"- Kuldeep Kerkar - Jul 06, 2010
- Val Kilmer's neighbors are still upset over the comments that he made 7 years ago - Jun 22, 2010
- BBC DJ apologises for 'Chinese eat cats?' gaffe - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: apology, bbc, bbc presenters, chris moyles, deejay, dj chris, fixing cars, listeners, living in the uk, london, nasty comments, offence, petition, prostitute, prostitutes, prostitution, radio 1, telegraph