Batman is getting into the bad F-word habit in his comics!September 13th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by ANI
Washington , Sep 13 (ANI): Stores around America have been asked by DC comics to destroy thousands of copies of new Batman comics all because of a printing blunder that reveal obscenities.
The “All-Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder” No. 10. comic has text where the Batgirl tells a group of thugs “Text every friend you”ve got, s—heads,” and “Sell your poison somewhere else. This here arcade belongs to the f—ing Batgirl,” reports the New York Post.
“A printing gaffe has caused a problem with All Star Batman, as soon as the problem was discovered, we quickly asked retailers to pull the issue, we apologize to our retailers and fans for any offense or inconvenience,” Fox News quoted a DC Comics spokesperson, as saying in a statement.
DC comics spokesman revealed the S- and F-words were supposed to be blacked out, but two shades of black were used and the expletives are clearly legible, as are the thugs” A-words, F-words and C-words, however DC caught the error earlier this week as the comic was heading to stores.
They were able to stop some shipments, and asked retailers who got copies to destroy them.
Although the “All-Star Batman & Robin” isn”t aimed at kids, it also doesn”t have a “mature readers” warning on the cover. (ANI)
- Robin Williams Wants A Role In Next Batman Movie - Jun 30, 2010
- E-books make our brains lazy: Study - Jan 14, 2011
- BBC apologises for Radio 4 F-word slip - Aug 22, 2011
- 'Bitch' F and C-words, all fine on TV after nine! - Jun 11, 2010
- Sir Elton John utters the F-word live on air during family radio show - Jan 29, 2011
- Tom Hardy to Play in the Next 'Batman' and 'Mad Max' - Oct 14, 2010
- Radcliffe to do romantic comedy - Jul 20, 2012
- Keaton Praises Nolan - Jul 19, 2010
- Sony Music launches superhero theme songs (With Image) - May 06, 2011
- 'Wuthering Heights' radio version to have f-word - Mar 22, 2011
- Sequel to 'Red' in progress - Jan 20, 2011
- Robin Williams in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 31, 2011
- Batman's Debut Comic Book Sells for Over $1Million! - Mar 01, 2010
- Comic book on movies comes to India with 'Don: The Origin' (With Image) - Dec 20, 2011
- Sequel to Bruce Willis' 'Red' in the works - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: all star, batgirl, batman, batman comics, blunder, dc comics, expletives, f word, fox news, gaffe, habit, inconvenience, ing, mature readers, new york post, obscenities, poison, shades of black, spokesperson, words and c