Base Batteries to invest Rs.432 crore in new plantApril 6th, 2011 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 6 (IANS) Base Batteries is in a process to set up a new manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu that would substantially boost its output, a company official said Wednesday.
“We have huge supply shortage. Once the new plant comes into operation, it will substantially boost our market share,” Base Batteries chief operating officer Aditya Arora told reporters here.
He said the company targets to increase its share in India’s battery market to eight percent in two years. Base Batteries currently controls 2.1 percent of Rs.28,000 crore Indian battery market.
Base Batteries currently produces nearly 50,000 batteries per month from its Solan plant.
Arora said the company’s production capacity will increase to 400,000 by 2013 once its new production facility at Hosur in Tamil Nadu becomes operational.
He said the company has revamped its products and would spend Rs.120 crore over the next three years on brand building exercise.
Base Batteries Wednesday launched a new brand building exercise, called Bijlipur campaign.
“With a total ad spend of Rs.40 crores for at least three consecutive years, the rustic theme of the campaign is targeted at the rural and semi-urban masses who bear the brunt of the harsh climatic conditions and severe power cuts,” said Arora
- Base Corporation to enter telecom and auto sectors - Nov 08, 2010
- Swedish firm to launch new power technology next year - Dec 17, 2010
- Hero to merge investment arm with self, invest Rs.2,575 crore - Jun 04, 2012
- Tafe to invest Rs.1 bn to expand battery capacity - Dec 01, 2010
- Magma Fincorp focusing on western, southern India - Sep 05, 2011
- Del Monte unveils food processing plant in India - Nov 02, 2010
- Bharat Fritz to invest Rs.350 cr for expansion plans - Jan 25, 2011
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Advanced Bolero to attract more buyers - Sep 09, 2011
- Amway to commission its India manufacturing plant in 2014 - Feb 13, 2012
- Daimler to beef up its R&D; activities in India (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Emami eyes 15 percent share in packaged edible oil market - Aug 19, 2010
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- Emami to open plants in Bangladesh and Egypt - Jul 06, 2012