Bar libraries across Punjab computerisedNovember 7th, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 7 (IANS) Bar libraries across Punjab have now been computerised, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal announced Monday.
Badal inaugurated the project at a function organised by the Bar council of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh here.
Badal said computerisation of bar libraries at the lower echelon would empower the legal fraternity with resources and tools matching those available to professionals practicing in the high courts and the Supreme Court.
“This would now keep them updated and aware of the latest case laws on specific issues which in turn would greatly improve their performance in delivery of justice at grass root level and will ultimately help the people of Punjab,” Badal said in his address to lawyers.
Referring to reports of paperless court work in Singapore, Badal hoped that India too would be moving in this direction, thus ensuring transparency, accountability and cost effective and putting an end to backlog of cases in courts.
Bar Council chairman Lekh Raj Sharma said that the bar libraries were computerised at a cost of over Rs.1 crore.
“This will ensure that lawyers sitting at sub division level get latest updates immediately and also save time and money,” Sharma said.
- Punjab to fill all vacancies of teachers - Apr 02, 2012
- Himachal, Punjab sign pact on Naina Devi ropeway - Jul 26, 2012
- Will Badal be NDA choice for vice president? (Punjab Newsletter) - May 04, 2012
- Enlistment in army falls in Punjab - Sep 12, 2012
- Agra lawyers strike work over evening courts decision - Feb 11, 2011
- Punjab gets Borlaug institute of agriculture - Oct 02, 2011
- Record 21 chief parliamentary secretaries in Punjab - Apr 06, 2012
- Punjab get injured African student airlifted - Aug 05, 2012
- Amarinder, supporters storm police station against 'false' cases - Apr 13, 2012
- Containers to be allowed on Attari-Wagah trade route - Jul 20, 2012
- At 84, Parkash Singh Badal towers over all - Mar 07, 2012
- Badal withdraws defamation cases against Sonia, Amarinder - Oct 30, 2010
- At 84, Badal begins fifth innings as chief minister (Profile) - Mar 14, 2012
- Punjabis will relate to 'Patiala House': Sukhbir Singh Badal - Feb 08, 2011
- Pay Rs.1,800 per quintal of wheat: Badal - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: accountability, backlog, badal, case laws, chief minister, council chairman, echelon, grass root level, haryana, high courts, India, lawyers, legal fraternity, libraries, raj sharma, rs 1, supreme court, time and money, transparency, work in singapore