Banned pesticides: Court wants report by Aug 17May 1st, 2012 - 6:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday directed an experts’ committee to submit a report by Aug 17 containing guidelines to prevent the rampant use of banned pesticides in vegetables and fruits.
The division bench of Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice Rajiv Shakdher sought the report from the committee for framing a policy for periodic checks to detect pesticides residue in vegetables posing health threat to people.
The court directed the government to constitute the committee after it took suo motu cognizance of a media report alleging use of banned pesticides.
- Banned pesticides: Court wants report by Aug 17 (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Panel to check banned pesticides set up, court told - Mar 21, 2012
- Delhi HC orders panel to submit report on banned pesticides - Aug 17, 2012
- Check use of banned pesticides, court tells government (Lead) - Dec 08, 2011
- No banned pesticides in Delhi vegetables, court told - Jul 20, 2011
- Court orders pesticides tests on veggies in Delhi - Mar 09, 2011
- Court wants early meeting of panel on media - Mar 07, 2012
- Punjab bans use of cancer causing pesticides in Malwa - Apr 21, 2012
- Court declines plea of Air India pilots - May 17, 2012
- Plea questions reporters' right to access court proceedings - Apr 25, 2012
- Notice to government on smoking scenes in films (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Junk food: High Court seeks guidelines - Jan 11, 2012
- Delhi poll panel gets notice on MCD elections - Feb 03, 2012
- Pilots union moves court against restraint order on stir - May 15, 2012
- High court reserves order on Air India pilots - May 16, 2012