Bank unions threaten nationwide strike from Sep 24September 17th, 2008 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 17 (IANS) The United Forum of Bank Unions, the umbrella organisation of all bank unions, has threatened to go on a two-day nationwide strike beginning Sep 24 protesting against the privatisation of banks.”We may observe work boycott to oppose banking reforms such as privatisation of banks, merger of public sector banks and allowing more foreign direct investments in banks,” said the forum’s state convener Y.K. Arora here Wednesday.
The government’s move is neither in the favour of the bank employees nor customers, he added.
The forum is unhappy with managements of various banks for not addressing the issue of wage revision, Arora said.
- Strike cripples banking operations in Karnataka - Aug 22, 2012
- Bank employees to strike work July 7 - Jun 21, 2011
- Bank employees to go on strike Aug 22-23 - Aug 21, 2012
- India's banking operations hit by nationwide staff strike (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2011
- India's banking industry hit by nationwide staff strike - Aug 05, 2011
- Banking activities paralysed as strike begins - Aug 22, 2012
- Banking services hit in northeast India - Aug 22, 2012
- Banking activity in Bengal comes to standstill - Aug 22, 2012
- Bank strike hits financial sector in India (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Banking services in Bengal paralysed for second day - Aug 23, 2012
- Bank staff plans strike against privatisation (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Banking activities in Bengal likely to be crippled for two days - Aug 22, 2012
- Bank staff plans strike against privatisation, law changes - Jun 28, 2011
- Banking services hit for second day in India (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Two-day bank strike from Wednesday - Aug 20, 2012