Bank employees to strike work August 20July 17th, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, July 17 (IANS): Bank employees across the nation will strike work August 20 to press for fulfilment of various demands of the banking sector, said Madhya Pradesh Bank Employees’ Association (MPBEA) general secretary V.K. Sharma here Thursday. He said the call for the proposed nation-wide strike has been given by the All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA) for demands that include: no foreign direct investment (FDI) in the banking sector, no privatisation of banks, de-licencing on expansion of branches, opening of more branches in rural areas, and strict action against defaulters.
The banks would also observe “Sarvajanik Kshetra Bank Bachao Diwas” (save public sector banks day) Friday as part of the first phase of the agitation, Sharma said.
The All India Bank Officers Association (AIBOA) would support the AIBEA agitation, he said.
- Bank employees to strike on Sept 7 over private banks getting new licences - Aug 31, 2010
- Bank strike hits financial sector in India (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Banking activities paralysed as strike begins - Aug 22, 2012
- Bank-strike disturbs services all over the country - Dec 16, 2009
- Two-day bank strike from Wednesday - Aug 20, 2012
- 'Occupy Dalal Street Movement' protestors detained - Nov 04, 2011
- 'Occupy Dalal Street' protest Friday - Nov 01, 2011
- Indian bank staff strike work but people able to draw money (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2009
- Mixed response to strike in Maharashtra - Sep 07, 2010
- Bank employees to go on strike Aug 22-23 - Aug 21, 2012
- Banking sector bears brunt of strike - Feb 28, 2012
- Staff strike hits banks operations in Karnataka - Aug 05, 2011
- Bank employees to strike work July 7 - Jun 21, 2011
- Nationwide bank strike affects bank operations - Dec 16, 2009
- Bank employees across India go on strike - Dec 16, 2009
Tags: agitation, aibea, aiboa, all india bank employees association, all india bank officers association, banking sector, bhopal, fdi, foreign direct investment, fulfilment, general secretary, india bank employees association, july 17, privatisation, public sector banks, rural areas, strict action