Bangladesh launches business chamber just for womenMarch 11th, 2011 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, March 11 (IANS) Bangladesh has set up a chamber of commerce and industry exclusively for women entrepreneurs.
Commerce Minister Faruk Khan told the inaugural ceremony of the Dhaka Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DWCCI) Thursday that the government will recognise outstanding success of women entrepreneurs and their contributions to the country’s economic advancement with special awards.
The country has over 50,000 rural women engaged in various businesses who needed help, he said.
Special guests at the DWCCI opening were Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) president A.K. Azad and Chinese ambassador to Bangladesh Zhang Xianyi.
The first DWCCI president is Naaz Farhana Ahmed, New Age reported.
- 50 Indian investors want SEZ in Bangladesh - May 10, 2011
- Bangladesh trade body demands removal of 'corrupt' lawmakers - Nov 07, 2010
- Bangladesh business chambers pledge jobs to Arab-returnees - Mar 11, 2011
- Remove trade barriers: Bangladeshi chamber urges India - Sep 06, 2011
- Indo-Bangla chamber seeks land for Indian SEZ - May 08, 2011
- Bangladesh businesses oppose shutdowns - Jul 06, 2011
- Bangladesh opposition calls for strike - Nov 27, 2010
- Indian business leaders ask Bangladesh to boost bilateral economic ties - Jul 20, 2009
- Don't go on strike, Bangladesh businessmen tell politicians - Nov 25, 2010
- India to hold electrical tools expo in Dhaka - Mar 13, 2011
- Dhaka business body criticises MPs who can't read English - Apr 28, 2011
- Bangladesh signs deal with China for 3G technology - Jun 09, 2011
- Government to encourage women entrepreneurs: Vayalar Ravi - Sep 03, 2012
- Tripura varsity confers honorary doctorate on Hasina - Jan 12, 2012
- Bangladesh opposition unites against Hasina's women's policy - Apr 03, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,