Bangalore engineers get specialised training from Delhi MetroMarch 15th, 2009 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 15 (IANS) The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has concluded a specialised training programme for engineers and staff of the Bangalore Metro, an official said here Sunday.
After this, the DMRC is looking to introduce at it’s training school in the capital specialised requirement-based programmes for staff of other Metro rails in the country.
“After providing consultancy services to various Metros across the country, the DMRC has started imparting training to the staff and executives of other Metros in the country,” said DMRC spokesman Anuj Dayal.
The DMRC provided one-month training to Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation (BMRC) engineers, who had come here to get a first-hand account of the functioning and working of the Delhi Metro, Dayal informed newspersons.
During the course of their training at the specialised Delhi Metro Training School, the participants were given exposure to the functioning and working of the Delhi Metro.
They were also shown the technology used here like the telecom and signaling system, overhead electrification and round-the-clock power supply, emergency systems, construction methods.
A tunnel visit at the under-construction Race Course Road Metro Station was also conducted.
The BMRC engineers also learnt how to drive a metro train in its different modes using a train simulator. They were given inputs on general management, soft skills and personality development to sharpen their managerial skills as well.
“Officials at the DMRC’s Metro Training School are planning to introduce specialised training programmes for the staff and employees of other Metros coming up in cities such as Mumbai, Chennai, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Lucknow and a new line in Kolkata, depending upon their requirement,” Dayal added.
- Delhi Metro trains Bangalore recruits - Aug 08, 2010
- Delhi Metro trains Bangalore Metro personnel - Jan 09, 2011
- Delhi Metro to organise management programme on MRTS - Sep 09, 2012
- Metro Man Sreedharan switches tracks, retires Saturday - Dec 30, 2011
- Delhi Metro bags national award in non-film category - Mar 07, 2012
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- DMRC engineers other Metro projects - Dec 03, 2010
- BEML to deliver first coach to Bangalore Metro in October - Jun 21, 2010
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Jun 04, 2012
- Book on Delhi Metro's success story - May 16, 2012
- Metro is proud symbol of India's growth: Pratibha Patil - Jul 08, 2012
- We will miss Sreedharan's services: Dikshit - Dec 28, 2011
- Girl commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Mar 25, 2012
- Delhi Metro instals equipment to handle cardiac arrests - Feb 23, 2012
- 'Construction equipment industry needs more skilled workforce' - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: anuj, chennai, construction methods, consultancy services, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, electrification, emergency systems, kolkata, lucknow, managerial skills, metro station, metros, New Delhi, personality development, signaling system, systems construction, train simulator, training programme