Bajaj to launch light commercial vehicleMay 13th, 2011 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Two- and three-wheeler major Bajaj Auto will launch its first light commercial vehicle in the Indian market next year.
“We will launch such an vehicle by next year. This would be a Bajaj vehicle, which would be developed and marketed by the company,” the company’s chairman Rahul Bajaj told reporters on the sidelines of an event here late Thursday.
“It’s evolutionary for a two-wheeler manufacturer to go in for entry level vehicle. We have expertise and experience to do so,” he said.
The company did not divulge any marketing or price strategy for the vehicle.
Bajaj further said that the company’s other pet project — developing an entry level passenger car with French automobile major Renault — was on track.
“It would be an entry level vehicle and would be on the same platform as the commercial vehicle,” he said, adding that the car will be branded and marketed by Renault.
Bajaj said that the car will not enter into any price war with existing low-cost cars.
“There won’t be any pricing competition, as products do exist in this segment. But the quality and uniqueness of the car would be enough. Its our expertise, Renault’s technology,” he added.
The car too is expected to be launched by next year.
- Bajaj Auto unveils low-cost four-wheeler (Lead) (With image) - Jan 03, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Renault to launch five cars in India - Aug 26, 2010
- Bajaj Auto unveils ultra low cost vehicle - Jan 03, 2012
- Auto industry to entice customers with new launches in 2011 - Jan 16, 2011
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's February sales soar (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Auto firms bullish on electric vehicles after government plan - Sep 06, 2012
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Renault to launch two more models in India in 2012 - Jan 17, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's April sales up four percent - May 02, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- Renault bets on diesel models to beat competition - Dec 18, 2011
- Vespa to be back on Indian roads by march 2012 - Sep 06, 2011
- Hyundai to showcase multi-purpose vehicle HND-7 at Auto Expo - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: bajaj auto, cars, expertise renault, french automobile, light commercial vehicle, marketing, New Delhi, passenger car, pet project, price strategy, price war, rahul bajaj, renault, segment, sidelines, three wheeler, two wheeler, uniqueness