Bajaj sales down 8.1 percent in MayJune 4th, 2009 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 4 (IANS) Bajaj Auto, the country’s second largest two-wheeler manufacturer, has reported 8.1 percent fall in its motorcycle sales last month.
The company said in a statement Thursday that it sold 165,049 motorcycles last month as against 179,649 vehicles in May 2008.
Cumulative sales, including exports and three wheelers, stood at 185,341 units, 8.02 percent down from 201,511 units sold in May 2008.
Exports last month declined 2.5 percent to 58,682 units from 60,215 exported in the corresponding month last year.
“Exports have almost normalised after a dip in January-March 2009 and are expected to gradually exhibit positive year-on-year growth,” the statement said.
Overall sales during the first two months of the current fiscal declined 16.2 percent to 354,460 units, comparing to 423,354 units sold in April-May 2008.
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's June sales down six percent - Jul 02, 2012
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's April sales up four percent - May 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto May sales up 62 percent - Jun 01, 2010
- TVS Motor logs 29 percent November sales growth - Dec 01, 2010
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- Nissan, Honda Motorcycle log good growth in June - Jul 02, 2012
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 30 percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- Nano drives passenger vehicle sales for Tata Motors (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's January sales up eight percent - Feb 02, 2012