Bajaj launches new Pulsar, says it is fastestJune 23rd, 2009 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) India’s second largest two-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj Motors Tuesday launched a new variant of its popular bike Pulsar, priced at Rs.70,000 (ex-showroom Delhi).
“We have been continuously evolving our Pulsar range to provide our customers state-of-the-art product with unmatched performance and technology,” Bajaj Auto chief executive (two-wheelers) S. Sridhar told reporters here.
“The new edition of Pulsar-220 has further raised the bar in the performance segment by becoming India’s fastest bike,” he added.
The premium segment bike was first launched in 2001 with a 150cc engine.
The bike, which the company claims is the fastest two-wheeler in the Indian market, comes without a fuel injection-based system earlier equipped in a 220cc variant of the same model.
Bajaj currently sells 150cc, 180cc and 200cc variants in the Pulsar line-up.
The company expects to boost its market share with new launches this fiscal. Managing director Rajiv Bajaj said the auto-major was eying to sell 175,000-200,000 units every month beginning the second half of the current fiscal.
Bajaj sold 165,697 two-wheelers last month, down 8.4 percent as compared to May 2008.
For 2008-09, the company’s sales slipped 11.18 percent to 1,919,582 units as against 2,161,095 units in 2007-08.
- Bajaj Auto's third quarter profit jumps 40 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- Bajaj Auto unveils new Pulsar 200NS - Jan 30, 2012
- Bajaj Auto launches sports bike KTM Duke 200 - Jan 24, 2012
- Bajaj launches Discover 125 Sports Tourer - May 14, 2012
- HMSI launches its second 110 cc bike for mass market - May 15, 2012
- Royal Enfield thumps in with new Thunderbird - Jan 05, 2012
- Bajaj Auto records highest ever vehicle sales in August - Sep 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto sales up 34 percent in 2010-11 - Apr 04, 2011
- Bajaj Auto unveils ultra low cost vehicle - Jan 03, 2012
- Bajaj eyes 25 percent share in bikes market this year - Apr 21, 2011
- Bajaj Auto Q2 net profit surges 69 percent - Oct 19, 2010
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Bajaj Auto sales rise 17 percent in April - May 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto unveils low-cost four-wheeler (Lead) (With image) - Jan 03, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's April sales up four percent - May 02, 2012
Tags: 180cc, art product, chief executive, fastest bike, fuel injection, India, june 23, managing director, market share, New Delhi, new edition, rajiv bajaj, s sales, second half, segment, sridhar, state of the art, two wheeler, unmatched performance, variants