Bajaj launches Discover 125 Sports TourerMay 14th, 2012 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Two- and three-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj Auto Monday launched the Discover 125 Sports Tourer(ST), which will be available in the market from the second half of June.
The company did not disclose the price of the bike, powered by Bajaj’s patented “DTS-iTwin Spark” technology.
“We believe that the average Indian commuter has to compromise a lot for fuel efficiency. With the Discover ST, we are making a statement that mileage need not come with boring design and outdated features,” said K. Srinivas, president, motorcycle business, Bajaj Auto.
The four valves engine produces 13 PS of power– the highest in the 125cc category. The bike has a five-speed gear box and also comes with monoshock nitrox suspension.
At the launch, Bajaj Auto managing director Rajiv Bajaj said the company planned to launch one Pulsar and Discover every year on the new platforms which have been developed for both the bikes.
Bajaj further said that the company will maintain its 20 percent margins and that it won’t expand its presence in the 100 cc motorcycle category which will not allow it to have the same margins that it enjoys.
- Bajaj Auto launches sports bike KTM Duke 200 - Jan 24, 2012
- Suzuki unveils new bike, scooter - Jan 05, 2012
- Bajaj Auto unveils new Pulsar 200NS - Jan 30, 2012
- Bajaj eyes 25 percent share in bikes market this year - Apr 21, 2011
- Bajaj Auto subsidiary raises stake in KTM Power Sports - Nov 03, 2010
- Bajaj launches XCD 135 DTS-Si - Jan 21, 2009
- Bajaj KTM to introduce multiple products in superbike segment - Jul 13, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's third quarter profit jumps 40 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- TVS Motor launches upgraded TVS Star City model - Jan 24, 2012
- Suzuki launches 805cc cruiser bike - Nov 28, 2011
- Bajaj Auto net profit soars 163 percent - May 18, 2011
- Bajaj Auto sales jump 22 percent in February - Mar 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto unveils low-cost four-wheeler (Lead) (With image) - Jan 03, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q1 sales up 14 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's April sales up four percent - May 02, 2012
Tags: bikes, five speed, fuel efficiency, k srinivas, launch, managing director, margins, mileage, motorcycle business, New Delhi, platforms, presence, rajiv bajaj, second half, speed gear, Sports, three wheeler