Bajaj Auto second quarter net down 38.6 percentOctober 23rd, 2008 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 23 (IANS) Bajaj Auto, the country’s second largest two-wheeler manufacturer, has posted a net profit of $4.1 million (Rs.185 crore or Rs.1.85 billion) in the second quarter this fiscal, down from $5.29 million (Rs.238 crore or Rs.2.38 billion) in the corresponding quarter last fiscal, the company said Thursday.The result comes days after rival Hero Honda registered a strong year-on-year growth of 50 percent in profit.
Bajaj Auto marked a 6 percent and 5 percent year-on-year growth in sales in the motorcycle and scooter segments respectively, it said in a regulatory statement.
“The quarter witnessed severe input cost pressures,” Kevin D’sa, vice president finance said in the statement.
- Bajaj Auto's third quarter profit jumps 40 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Hero Honda is now Hero MotoCorp Limited - Jul 29, 2011
- Hero allowed $1 billion foreign investment - Mar 29, 2011
- TVS Motor's third quarter net profit up 1.39 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's fourth quarter net profit down 45 percent - May 17, 2012
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- Bajaj Auto net profit jumps two-fold - Feb 02, 2010
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Honda bike plant - Feb 17, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Wipro net profit up 10 percent in third quarter - Jan 20, 2012
- TVS logs 28 percent net profit, to launch new vehicles - May 24, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012