Bajaj Auto sales dip 32 percent in NovemberDecember 4th, 2008 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 4 (IANS) Bajaj Auto Ltd, the country’s second largest two-wheeler maker, Thursday reported a 32 percent fall in its total sales in November, thanks to a credit squeeze that has hit hard the auto industry.The company sold 159,747 vehicles last month against 235,797 units a year ago, an official company statement said.
Two-wheeler (motorcycles and scooters) sales dropped 37 percent in November to 132,421 from 211,600 units of the last corresponding period, while three-wheeler sales saw a rise of 13 percent to 27,326 from 24,197 units, the statement said.
However, the demand slump has not derailed Bajaj’s future plans with the company still committed to introducing one new motorcycle each month for six months beginning January 2009.
Bajaj is also planning a low-interest retail finance scheme for dealers at 7.99 percent to boost sales.
The statement added that exports grew by 46 percent to 67,397 units in November from 46,295 units in the year-ago period.
- Bajaj November sales zoom 73 percent - Dec 02, 2009
- Hero MotoCorp expects sales to pick up in festive season - Sep 05, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's April sales up four percent - May 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto sales up 34 percent in 2010-11 - Apr 04, 2011
- Bajaj Auto sales zoom 20 percent in May - Jun 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's third quarter profit jumps 40 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- Bajaj Auto sales rise 17 percent in April - May 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto net profit rises 21 percent in June quarter - Jul 14, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Nissan, Honda Motorcycle log good growth in June - Jul 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's December sales growth slows - Jan 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Bajaj Auto records highest ever vehicle sales in August - Sep 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's October sales up 7 percent - Nov 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto sales jump 22 percent in February - Mar 02, 2011