Bajaj Auto January sales down 31 percentFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) Two and three-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto Monday reported 34 percent year-on-year decline in its domestic sales in January. The company sold 132,348 two and three-wheelers last month, down from 192,193 units in January 2008.
“On the back of domestic motorcycle retail improving significantly and launch of new model XCD 135 DTS-Si, domestic motorcycle billing will improve significantly here onwards,” Bajaj Auto managing director Rajiv Bajaj said in a statement.
The company’s motorcycle sales dipped 34 percent for the period under review to 109,666 units from 166,492 units a year ago.
Total two-wheeler sales stood at 110,363 units in January as against 167,592 units in the year-ago period, a dip of 34 percent.
Three-wheeler sales were down 11 percent to 21,985 units from 24,601 units a year ago.
However, exports grew 24 percent to 54,027 vehicles last month from 43,533 units in January 2008.
- Bajaj Auto's January sales up eight percent - Feb 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Bajaj Auto sales up 34 percent in 2010-11 - Apr 04, 2011
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto sales jump 22 percent in February - Mar 02, 2011
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Auto sales remain subdued in June (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto sales up 25 percent - Dec 02, 2011
- Bajaj Auto quarterly sales rise 18 percent - Jul 04, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's April sales up four percent - May 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's third quarter profit jumps 40 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's June sales down six percent - Jul 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's December sales growth slows - Jan 02, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's February sales up five percent - Mar 02, 2012