Bahrain commissions study on small, medium sectorAugust 19th, 2008 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 19 (IANS) Bahrain has commissioned leading American provider of credit information on businesses and corporations Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) to conduct a detailed study of the Gulf nation’s small and medium enterprises (SME) sector.Bahrain’s Labour Fund has engaged D&B Research & Advisory Services to develop a customised business-scoring model in order to streamline financing support for SME development in Bahrain, according to a D&B statement.
The scoring model will enable SMEs to identify growth opportunities and utilise feedback for improved business performance.
D&B has also been mandated to conduct a detailed study of the SME sector in Bahrain.
“The outcome of this study will add a great deal of value to our overall attention to SME development and assist us in effectively streamlining our financing projects and other related programmes to meet their needs and requirements,” Nasser Qaedi, head of planning and development at the Labour Fund, said.
“Utilising a comprehensive strategically defined approach, we are confident that this study will compliment our efforts to reinforce the role of SMEs and more effectively identify opportunities to support the capital requirements of businesses and encourage enterprise development across target sectors,” he added.
The objective of the study is to identify various challenges faced by Bahraini entrepreneurs in creating new businesses and in sustaining and growing businesses.
The Labour Fund will utilise the outcomes of this study to further strengthen its development programmes for SMEs and private sector support, according to the statement.
“This assignment will help Labour Fund strengthen various financing programmes for SMEs and also to identify solutions for various other challenges faced by Bahraini entrepreneurs,” Tatjana Marinko, director of D&B Research & Advisory Services, said.
Nations across the Gulf nation are increasingly looking at diversifying their economy in order to end their sole dependence on oil and gas.
- IDBI best public sector bank for SME financing: D&B - Aug 27, 2010
- Experts welcome SIDBI fund for service sector startups - May 21, 2012
- Canadian province invites Indian investors to acquire SMEs - Jun 06, 2010
- SBI to open new SME branches in Bengal - Apr 27, 2012
- Crisil to target SMEs in tier II, III towns - Feb 22, 2012
- Dubai launches Facebook contest for entrepreneurs - Jun 19, 2012
- Ratings reduce borrowing costs of SMEs: Crisil - Apr 19, 2011
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- NSE to launch SME exchange in November - Nov 03, 2011
- Karnataka unveils new policies to boost ICT, hardware - Jun 20, 2011
- BSE SME exchange may come up by March-end - Feb 10, 2012
- Technopark TBI empanelled as partner by TISS - Jan 17, 2012
- 'India, Canada trade to touch $15 billion by 2015' (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- MSEs perform below capacity due to lack of funds and late payments - Apr 11, 2010
- 'India-Italy trade at 15 billion euros by 2015' - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: advisory services, customised business, dun bradstreet, enterprise development, financing projects, growth opportunities, new businesses, private sector support, small and medium enterprises, target sectors