Badal in Israel, talks trade, agricultureNovember 18th, 2009 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Nov 18 (IANS) Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal is in Israel seeking trade and agricultural ties with that country, a Punjab government spokesman said here Wednesday.
A delegation led by Badal Tuesday called on Israel’s Industry, Trade and Labour Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer, where they discussed ways to further cooperation in areas related to trade and agriculture including water technology.
Badal stressed on the need for cooperation and to identify cutting-edge technologies related to water management, desalination, waste water management and reverse osmosis with Israeli firms.
India’s Ambassador to Israel, Navtej Singh Sarna, was also present during the meeting.
Leading Israeli companies dealing with multifaceted water technologies made presentations before the chief minister at the Indian embassy in Tel Aviv.
Badal also visited “WATEC Israel 2009″, an international exhibition and conference on water related technologies.
- Badal, Dhumal in Israel, talk trade and technology (Lead, Changing dateline) - Nov 18, 2009
- 26/11 brings India, Israel closer - Nov 26, 2010
- Indo-Israel vegetable centre set up in Haryana - Jan 13, 2011
- Hooda in Israel to talk agricultural cooperation - Apr 10, 2011
- Three-week festival of India in Israel - May 02, 2011
- India-Israel trade can go up to $15 bn, says envoy - Jun 20, 2012
- 16 killed, 30 injured as Israeli armed forces storm Gaza aid ships - May 31, 2010
- Israelis react cautiously to ally Mubarak's exit - Feb 12, 2011
- Krishna to boost ties with Middle East, Israel - Jan 07, 2012
- Israel Deputy PM meets SM Krishna - Jan 13, 2010
- 'Israel will not apologize to Turkey' - Jul 02, 2010
- Israel rules out apology to Turkey - Jul 03, 2010
- Krishna leaves for Israel, Palestine Sunday - Jan 06, 2012
- Punjab seeks BARC help for uranium problem in water - Jul 11, 2012
- New initiative to strengthen India-Israel relations - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: badal, binyamin ben eliezer, chandigarh, chief minister, cutting edge technologies, delegation, government spokesman, indian embassy, international exhibition, israel talks, israeli companies, israeli firms, labour minister, punjab government, related technologies, reverse osmosis, sarna, waste water management, water technologies, water technology