Azhagiri promises chemical, drug making units in Tamil NaduJune 6th, 2009 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Madurai, June 6 (IANS) Ensuring uninterrupted supply of fertilisers to farmers and setting up a chemical plant and a drug manufacturing facility in Tamil Nadu are some of Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister M.K. Azhagiri’s immediate priorities, he said here Saturday.
“The government is taking all steps provide fertilisers to farmers without any hitch, and efforts will be taken to reduce the prices of life saving drugs,” Azhagiri told reporters.
The first-time MP added that he would take steps to set up a chemical factory between here and Tuticorin and a drug manufacturing unit in the state, apart from improving the road infrastructure in Madurai, his constituency.
- Union Minister Alagiri chargesheeted in assault case - Aug 26, 2011
- M.K. Azhagiri assumes charge of Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers - Jun 01, 2009
- CII pitches for defence park in Tamil Nadu - Mar 10, 2010
- Apex court stays hearing on plea against Azhagiri's election - Mar 30, 2012
- Only Karunanidhi can be chief minister, says Alagiri - Apr 06, 2011
- Focus on industrialisation of southern Tamil Nadu: Alagiri - Aug 03, 2009
- Court orders closure of Sterlite's copper smelter plant - Sep 28, 2010
- Kanimozhi slams opposition for making false promises - Apr 01, 2011
- Chemical leak in Tamil Nadu plant, over 350 affected - Mar 08, 2011
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi turns 87 - Jun 03, 2010
- Court orders closure of Sterlite's copper smelter plant (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Apex court reserves order on Sterlite plant (Lead) - Sep 06, 2011
- CBI allowed to challenge acquittals in Dinakaran attack - Jun 30, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to sign MoUs with Japanese firms: Jayalalithaa - Feb 12, 2012