Azad opens Kashmir Expo 2007November 14th, 2007 - 2:44 am ICT by admin
”Handicraft is not just a business for us in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, but, is a manifestation of our culture and indeed our existence,” said Ghulam Nabi Azad.
As many as 50 business tycoons from various countries with an equal number of exporters from the state are participating in the meet.
The local buyers seemed very excited on the eve of this show. The popularity of the show can be gauged from the fact that buyers from as far as Dubai are here.
“The Kashmiri handicraft is very well known all over the world. The artisans produce very exclusive products, which nobody can replicate in other parts of the world,” said Adbul Raheem, a buyer from Dubai.
Annie, a foreign tourist, was so excited that she could not resist the temptation of visiting this expo after she read about it.
“I think that the market for shawls and stoles here is very big. The quality here is exceptional and there is a lot of potential of these products in the US market,” said Annie.
The event is jointly organised by the Jammu and Kashmir Government, J and K Bank, and Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
This show is providing participating exporters an ideal opportunity for exhibition and sale of the export-oriented products. (ANI)
- Be honest, Omar tells Kashmiri traders - May 14, 2012
- Azad asks Kashmir separatists to respond to talks offer - Jan 29, 2011
- Kashmiri folk culture comes alive at R-Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Omar faces criticism from allies, opposition alike - Mar 26, 2012
- Amid Srinagar's tulips, Omar confident of peaceful summer (With Images) - Mar 29, 2012
- Govt: Two new medical institutes to boost health facilities in J-K - Jun 25, 2009
- Jammu gets its first golf course - Apr 24, 2011
- Three killed, 30 injured in Kashmir accident - Apr 18, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi calls off Srinagar visit - May 27, 2010
- Separatists flay Fai arrest, locals don't care - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Coalition politics future governance mantra in India' - May 02, 2012
- Azad brokers peace in Kashmir town - Oct 15, 2011
- International trade expo opens in Pakistan - Oct 21, 2011
- First Catholic school in Valley after 1947 coming up - Oct 04, 2011
- Azad backs Omar on AFSPA's partial removal - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: annie, azad, business tycoons, chamber of commerce and industry, dubai, expo, ghulam nabi, handicraft, inaugural function, jairam ramesh, jammu and kashmir, kashmir government, kashmiri, minister of state, raheem, replicate, shawls, state of jammu and kashmir, stoles, union minister