Axis Bank’s net profit up 25.18 percentOctober 22nd, 2011 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 22 (IANS) Private lender Axis Bank Saturday reported an increase of 25.18 percent in its net profit for the second quarter of the current fiscal at Rs.920.32 crore, as compared to Rs.735.14 crore in the second quarter of the last fiscal.
The bank’s total income in the period under review grew by 39.79 percent at Rs.6,510.89 crore as compared to Rs.4,657.49 crore in the like period of 2010-11, said Axis Bank in regulatory filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The bank’s income earned through interest rose by 45.57 percent in the second quarter at Rs.5,275.97 crore as against Rs.3,624.25 crore in the like period of last fiscal.
The other income of the bank increased by 19.51 percent at Rs.1,234.92 crore in the July-September quarter from Rs.1,033.24 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2010-11.
The percentage of gross non-performing assets (NPAs) declined to 1.08 percent in the second quarter from 1.12 in the corresponding quarter of last fiscal.
For the half-year, the bank reported an increase of 26.11 percent in its net profit at Rs.1,862.67 crore as against Rs.1,477.02 crore in the like period of 2010-11.
The total income of the bank for the half-year rose by 39.80 percent at Rs.12,560.16 crore as compared to Rs.8,983.86 crore in the corresponding period of last fiscal.
The percentage of gross NPAs also came down to 1.08 percent for the period under review from 1.12 percent in the first half of 2010-11.
- HDFC Bank third quarter net profit up 31.2 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Axis Bank profit soars 33 percent in Q4 - Apr 22, 2011
- UCO Bank's net profit dips 40.2 percent in Q4 - Apr 29, 2011
- Reliance Capital Q3 net profit up 229 percent - Feb 10, 2012
- ICICI's third quarter net profit up 20.25 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Axis Bank's quarterly net profit jumps 36 percent - Jan 17, 2011
- HDFC Bank net profit up 31.48 percent - Oct 19, 2011
- TVS Motor's Q2 net profit up 40 percent - Nov 03, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012
- PNB quarterly net profit rises 5.5 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Axis Bank Q2 profit rises 38 percent to Rs.735.14 crore - Oct 14, 2010
- SBI net profit rises 14 percent at Rs.2,828 crore - Jan 22, 2011
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent - Apr 20, 2012
- Larsen and Toubro's third quarter net profit up 18 percent - Jan 23, 2012