‘Avoid snowbound highway from November’October 15th, 2008 - 4:55 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 15 (IANS) Motorists have been advised not to travel on the highway that connects tourist destinations Manali and Leh after Oct 31, an official said Wednesday.The 475-km Manali-Leh highway passes through Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
“A brief spell of snowfall could close Rohtang and Baralacha passes any time by the end of this month. We (BRO) would not be in a position to carry out snow-clearance operation and evacuation of the people in case of any accident after Oct 31,” BRO Chief Engineer Brig J.K. Narang told IANS.
Narang advised motorists not to take any chance by travelling on the highway.
- Avoid Manali-Leh highway, snowfall likely - Oct 23, 2011
- Don't travel on Manali-Leh highway after October - Oct 07, 2010
- Rohtang Pass to be operational till Nov 15 - Nov 01, 2010
- Time for pulsating action on Himachal highway - Jun 09, 2011
- Rohtang Pass reopens after five months - May 25, 2011
- Tourists evacuated from Rohtang Pass - Jul 11, 2011
- Snowfall ahead, BRO stops operations on Rohtang Pass - Nov 15, 2010
- Himachal shivers, Shimla has season's coldest night - Jan 06, 2012
- Mercury dips, Himachal lakes begin to freeze - Nov 12, 2011
- Manali-Leh highway reopens for traffic - Jun 07, 2010
- Snowfall forces closure of Manali-Leh highway - Oct 19, 2009
- Manali-Leh highway partially reopened - Jun 01, 2011
- Snow clearing work begins on Manali-Leh highway - Mar 01, 2011
- Permit must for Manali-Leh travel by non-Himachal vehicles - Jun 26, 2011
- Rohtang Pass re-opens for traffic - Apr 14, 2010