Automobile company surrenders Rs.100 mn after income tax raidMarch 22nd, 2009 - 12:37 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 21 (IANS) A leading automobile designing company, which is known for manufacturing poll campaign vehicles for top politicians in the country, Saturday surrendered nearly Rs.100 million (Rs.10 crore) following income tax raids on its offices and other establishments, officials said.
Income Tax department officials said the amount of Rs.100 million was surrendered by the JCBL group following a two-day survey at its offices and other establishments located in Chandigarh and nearby towns of Lalru in Punjab and Nalagarh in Himachal Pradesh.
The JCBL is known for body designing of buses and other luxury vehicles on the chassis of light and heavy transport vehicles. The company also manufactures high-end luxury coaches and buses for airports.
The JCBL is particularly well-known for designing poll campaign vehicles for top politicians. Such vehicles have been used by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and other leaders during poll campaigns and countrywide road shows.
- Made in Punjab campaign caravans drive top politicians - Apr 24, 2009
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.250 crore (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.200 crore - Jan 12, 2012
- Hindu and Sikh shrines on Punjab-HP border to be linked - Jul 18, 2012
- New Punjab assembly a 'crorepati' club - Mar 11, 2012
- Onion prices: Surveys yield over Rs.70 mn in Punjab - Jan 13, 2011
- Bhajii evades tax; department issues notice - May 13, 2011
- Richie rich: Punjab's millionaire woman cop in CBI net - Aug 03, 2011
- Volvo to invest Rs. 400 crore to expand India operations - Oct 13, 2011
- Fearing raids, Chandigarh sweet shop owners move base - Oct 23, 2011
- Chandigarh region records 38 percent income tax growth - May 18, 2011
- Punjab opposes service tax on foreign remittances - Jul 08, 2012
- Train mows down four children in Punjab - May 06, 2011
- Punjab VIPs security stepped up after BKI terrorists' arrest - Dec 25, 2011
- Drugs in Punjab prisons trigger police fight (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: 100 million, automobile company, crore, department officials, establishments, heavy transport, himachal pradesh, income tax department, income tax raids, janata party, jcbl, l k advani, luxury coaches, luxury vehicles, nalagarh, nearby towns, parkash singh badal, poll campaign, punjab chief minister, transport vehicles