Australian mining firm picks Wipro for IT solutionJune 15th, 2012 - 12:07 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 14 (IANS) Australian mining firm MMG has selected Indian IT bellwether Wipro Technologies for providing a key IT solution as its key strategic partner, the global software services major said Thursday.
“The multi-million dollar deal involves developing an integrated business management over the next three years to MMG, with a common operating platform for its cross-country assets,” Wipro senior vice-president for energy, natural resources and utilities Anand Padmanabhan said in a statement here.
As a mid-tier global resources firm, the Melbourne-based MMG is one of the world’s largest producers of zinc and substantially of copper, lead, gold and silver. It also exploresa nd develops base metal projects in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas.
“We have selected Wipro as our strategic partner to transform key management systems and provide a foundation for growth and simplification,” MMG’s chief operating officer Marcelo Bastos noted in the statement.
The high-end IT solution will also allow the mining firm to derive value from its current and future operations by standardising its business processes and implementing a new SAP platform.
“We look forward to partnering with MMG to ensure seamless delivery of this business critical programme, as IT has emerged as a key efficiency driver in the natural resources space where growth of the mining industry lies in efficiency through automation,” Padmanabhan said.
Wipro’s natural resources vertical covering metals and mining, agriculture and forestry industry segments is a part of its strategic business unit.
“Our mining capabilities are seeing increasing traction across the world spanning Australia, Latin America, Canada, Kazakhstan and Africa.We address the industry’s core concerns through consulting, engineering and back office services,” Padmanabhan added.
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Qatar Airways signs pact with Wipro for IT solutions - Sep 12, 2012
- Wipro wins IT deal from British energy firm - Oct 29, 2010
- Wipro buying US firm's IT business for $150 mn - Apr 01, 2011
- Wipro joins Google's cloud platform - Aug 27, 2012
- Wipro partners with Schneider Electric - Sep 15, 2009
- Wipro appoints new global head for back office operations - Jun 13, 2011
- TCS launches cloud-computing solution for SMBs - Mar 15, 2011
- Wipro Infocrossing inks deal with US mining firm - Nov 19, 2009
- Ex-Wipro executive Paranjpe to head US energy firm - May 26, 2011
- Wipro secures major IT services contract with Electricity North West Limited - Oct 30, 2010
- Wipro investing heavily for next growth wave: Premji - Apr 27, 2011
- Vedanta to consolidate subsidiaries into single entity - Feb 25, 2012
- Wipro unveils cloud solution for HR processes - Jan 23, 2012
- Finnish engineering firm sets up R&D; centre in India - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: anand, base metal projects, consulting engineering, core concerns, dollar deal, forestry industry, global resources, global software, gold and silver, industry segments, integrated business management, key management, mining industry, mmg, padmanabhan, seamless delivery, senior vice president, strategic business unit, strategic partner, wipro technologies