Australian HR firm eyes tie-up with Indian mining firmsJune 16th, 2011 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jun 16 (IANS) Australia-based Chandler Macleod, the region’s largest provider of human resources solutions with 50 years experience in sourcing and recruiting across numerous sectors, is eyeing tie-ups with Indian mining companies to impart mining and resources training, a top company executive said Thursday.
“We are planning to tie up with some of the Indian mining companies to provide expertise and training in mining that they need. We have engaged local industry experts for that. We are in talks with several companies,” said Iain Langridge, general manager (Mining and Energy) of Chandler Macleod here.
He, however, declined to divulge details about the companies with which discussions were on.
“Indian mining companies approached Australian companies for skill development of their employees,” he said.
Langridge said Chandler Macleod proposed to deliver mining and resources training and education across a range of delivery models including direct training with companies.
“The model could be from vocational training to higher education. We will set up different models and course contents particularly for Indian mining sector. The training models could be company specific curriculum. We are going through feasibility study in the country to understand the needs,” he added.
Phil Holman, director, Workforce Services, said: “We spoke to a very large number of Indian companies for a feasibility study. The key areas are mine planning and asset management.”
“Once we identify the specific needs, we will work out the training model. We think things will be finalised by July-August next year,” he said.
The course time might be three months to six months, Holman added.
- Indian mining industry to face skilled manpower shortage - Mar 13, 2011
- India, Canada to promote cooperation in mining, culture, education - Jun 28, 2010
- Focus on strong education, industry training, says India Inc. - Jun 30, 2011
- Central African Republic woos Indian investment - Mar 19, 2012
- CBSE starts new courses in GIS, media studies - Jul 19, 2010
- GVK bags Asia Deal of the Year award - Mar 29, 2012
- NCC to redefine training philosophy (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Vocational courses being designed to improve employability: Sibal - Aug 05, 2011
- Indonesia keen to expand trade with India: envoy - Jun 17, 2012
- New approach finds success in teaching autistic kids - Nov 20, 2010
- Two-year Asian management module for Indian students - Jun 01, 2010
- South Australia beckons Indian investors - Aug 02, 2011
- Zimbabwe drafts new mining policy - May 13, 2012
- India promotes entrepreneurial skills in developing world - Dec 25, 2010
- CESC to buy stake in Australian mining firm for $10 mn - Jun 09, 2011
Tags: asset management, chandler macleod, company executive, course contents, course time, delivery models, feasibility study, higher education, holman, human resources solutions, industry experts, key areas, mining companies, sectors, skill development, three months, tie ups, ups, vocational training, workforce services