Australian home loans upAugust 8th, 2012 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Aug 8 (IANS) The number of home loans approved in Australia rose 1.3 percent to 46,859 in June 2012, compared to the previous month, data released Wednesday by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) showed.
Economists had forecast a two percent housing finance rise in June, reported Xinhua.
The ABS said that total housing finance by value rose 2.4 percent in June 2012, to 20.72 billion AU dollars ($21.86 billion), compared with the previous month.
Economists say the June housing finance figures suggest that housing demand has picked up in Australia recently driven by the aggressive rate cuts delivered by the Reserve Bank of Australia in May and June.
- Australia's trade surplus narrows in October - Dec 12, 2011
- Australian retail trade up - Jul 04, 2012
- Australian retail turnover rises - Apr 03, 2012
- Australia's trade deficit widens - May 08, 2012
- Australia's current account deficit falls in Q3 - Dec 06, 2011
- Australia's retail turnover falls - May 30, 2012
- Australian capital expenditure goes up - Aug 30, 2012
- Australia's current account deficit widens - Mar 06, 2012
- Australia's trade deficit narrows - Apr 04, 2012
- Australian trade surplus widens in December - Feb 02, 2012
- Australia's producer price index down - Apr 23, 2012
- Australia's GDP grows - Jun 06, 2012
- Bankers revise Brazil's growth outlook downward - Dec 27, 2011
- Spanish banks' bad-loans ratio hits new record - Aug 18, 2012
- Australia's unemployment rate rises - Jul 12, 2012