Australian Billionaire Gina Rinehart is now the world’s richest womanMay 24th, 2012 - 7:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sydney, May 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Gina Rinehart Australia’s richest woman, is now the world’s weathiest woman as well.
Rinehart has a personal fortune of 29.2 billion Australian dollars (28.5 billion US dollars). She is not officially wealthier than the American tycoon Christy Walton, the owner of Wal-Mart, who has a 25.3-billion-US-dollar fortune.
BRW Rich List editor, Andrew Heathcote stated that Rinehart may also become the wealthiest person in the world. She could reach a 100-billion-dollar fortune, due to the boom of resources. The world’s wealthy person is the Mexican telecommunications magnate Carlos Slim with a personal fortune that $66.2 billion.
Perth-born Rinehart’s strategic mergers and joint-ventures with enterprises like Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd, have enabled Rinehart to double her money in just one year. She took charge of the family business in 1992.
Rinehart is now involved in a legal battle with her son John and two of his siblings over their inheritance rights. They attempt to take control of the family firm, as they claimed that Gina Rinehart has incurred into serious misconduct.
Ginia director of Hancock Prospecting and Gina Rinehart’s youngest daughter has supported her mother during this bitter legal battle.
- Australian woman may become richest in world - Jun 28, 2011
- India's GVK joins raging Australian debate on foreign workers - May 29, 2012
- Australian immigration minister under attack for foreign workers' deal - May 26, 2012
- Bill Gates stays richest American for 17th year in a row - Sep 23, 2010
- Australia throws spanner in GVK's $6.4-bn coal mine project - Jun 05, 2012
- Indian billionaires jostle for coal in Australia - Mar 04, 2012
- Cream of Indian community, richest Australian felicitate Ansari - Oct 31, 2011
- China's wealthy get wealthier - Sep 23, 2011
- 11 of the world's top 20 wealthiest self-made women are Chinese - Oct 13, 2010
- GVK acquires coal, infrastructure projects in Australia - Sep 17, 2011
- Four of Indian-origin among America's 400 super-rich - Sep 23, 2010
- Just $30 million left for Jackson's family - Sep 14, 2011
- China's Zhang Yin is world's richest woman - Oct 13, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani richest among 48 Indian billionaires - Mar 08, 2012
- Beverage giant chief becomes China's richest man - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: australian dollars, billionaire, carlos slim, christy walton, dollar fortune, family business, hancock prospecting, heathcote, inheritance rights, joint ventures, magnate, mergers, personal fortune, rich list, richest woman, rinehart, wal mart, wealthiest person in the world, wealthy person, youngest daughter