Audi’s January sales zoom 57 percentFebruary 4th, 2011 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS) German luxury car manufacturer Audi’s Indian subsidiary Friday reported a 57 percent growth in sales in January, which stood at 480 units as compared to 306 units in the like period of 2010.”Audi has continued this successful performance in January 2011. Based on this achievement and the current market conditions, we expect exceptional growth this year,” Michael Perschke, head of Audi India, told reporters on the sidelines of the company’s launch of premium luxury sedan A8 L.
According to Perschke, Audi has became the fastest growing luxury brand in India with the sale of over 3,000 units in 2010 and a sales growth of 81 percent.
“We expect our sales number in 2011 to grow at a minimum level of 50 percent, this should take our total sales figures to over 4,000 units,” Perschke said.
The company also expanded its portfolio of products in India with the launch of the premium luxury sedan A8 L, priced from Rs.8.9 million (ex showroom Delhi) onwards.
“The launch of Audi A8 L is a milestone for us. It marks the entry of our new flagship in India. This super luxury sedan will allow us to further build upon the tremendous growth potential,” Perschke said.
The super luxury sedan is equipped with the 4.2 FSI petrol engine with light aluminum body and elegant interior using premium materials, like the superior Valcona leather used on the seats and brushed aluminum or fine woods used in the optional inlays, the company claimed.
The German car manufacturer also opened the largest luxury car showrooms in the country with two storey facility in New Delhi displaying 20 cars in a space of over 30,000 sq. ft.
- Audi's October sales rises 208 percent - Nov 08, 2010
- Audi's April sales zoom 98 percent - May 05, 2011
- Audi launches business edition of SUV Q5 - Aug 23, 2011
- Audi India to launch new models, ramp up network - Jan 17, 2011
- Audi launches new A4 model (With Image) - May 03, 2012
- Audi India's annual sales up 81 percent - Jan 10, 2011
- Audi launches sedan A8's new variant - Jul 25, 2011
- Audi launches luxury sports utility vehicle - Jun 06, 2012
- Audi's Q4 sales up 107 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Audi begins A6 luxury sedan's production in India - Jun 09, 2011
- Audi Q5's diesel variant launched - Mar 28, 2011
- Audi launches the new A6 sedan - Aug 03, 2011
- Audi's half-yearly sales up 100 percent - Jul 05, 2011
- Audi's September sales zoom 47 percent - Oct 09, 2010
- Audi India's August sales up 46 percent - Sep 04, 2010
Tags: aluminum body, audi a8, audi a8 l, brushed aluminum, car showrooms, current market, flagship, german car manufacturer, indian subsidiary, inlays, january sales, launch, luxury brand, luxury car, milestone, New Delhi, rs 8, sidelines, sq ft, valcona