Assam petrochemical plant to be completed by 2012July 4th, 2008 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, July 4 (IANS) The Rs.54.6-billion petrochemical plant of the Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Ltd at Dibrugarh in Assam will be completed by April 2012, it was announced at the company’s first annual general meeting here Friday. Brahmaputra Cracker is a joint venture company with the Gas Authority of India Ltd holding a 70 percent stake, and the remaining 30 percent equity shared equally among Oil India Ltd, Numaligarh Refinery Ltd and the Assam government.
Prior to the shareholders’ meet, the board members were informed about the progress of the project, as well as that of the financial closure planned for September 2008. Major construction activities will commence after the end of the monsoon, the company said in a press release.
The foundation stone of the petrochemical plant in Lepetkata, with an annual production capacity of 280,000 tonnes, was laid by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in April 2007.
- One killed in firing by CISF - Mar 02, 2012
- GAIL completes funding for Assam petrochemical plant - Oct 01, 2009
- Blast in Assam refinery, ULFA claims responsibility (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Blast in Assam refinery, ULFA claims responsibility - Apr 07, 2012
- ONGC to start two petrochemical projects by 2013 - Aug 30, 2011
- Assam refinery to explore potential markets in neighbouring countries - Sep 08, 2012
- Assam remains largely peaceful on ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
- Naphtha cracker project at Indian Oil's Panipat complex dedicated to nation - Feb 15, 2011
- Dhunseri to commission Egypt plant next year - Aug 02, 2012
- Tea Board to shift northeast zonal Office to Jorhat - Jun 27, 2012
- NALCO to expand capacity at Orissa unit - Apr 25, 2011
- Northeast facing acute cooking gas shortage - Sep 14, 2012
- Massive fire in refinery, ULFA claims responsibility (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- LUKoil ups stake in Italian refinery - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: annual general meeting, assam government, board members, brahmaputra, construction activities, cracker, dibrugarh, first annual general meeting, foundation stone, gas authority of india ltd, joint venture company, major construction, manmohan, manmohan singh, monsoon, numaligarh refinery, oil india, petrochemical plant, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh