Asian Development Bank to fund projects in IndiaNovember 17th, 2009 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Nov 17 (DPA) The Asian Development Bank (ADB) said Tuesday it would loan $700 million to India for infrastructure projects to be developed by public-private partnerships.
The loan would be released in three tranches over five years to state-owned India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd, the Manila-based bank said.
It aims to assist India in promoting public-private partnerships to increase employment opportunities and incomes as well as reduce poverty, the ADB said.
“The facility is expected to enhance the availability of long-term funds for infrastructure and boost investor confidence when confidence is low,” the bank said in a statement.
The ADB said the aid would help India to meet its infrastructure investment target of $514 billion under its current five-year plan.
- India gets $250 mn infrastructure loan from ADB - Mar 21, 2011
- ADB 170 million dollar facility to help Bihar, Maharashtra modernize horticulture systems - Sep 16, 2010
- ADB provides 250 million dollars to help India turn tourism into growth, jobs driver - Sep 29, 2010
- ADB 150 mln dollar loan to help India improve its urban infrastructure - Aug 11, 2010
- ADB gives $300 mn loan to Bangladesh - Aug 11, 2011
- ADB lends 250 million dollars to help build Bangalore metro rail system - Apr 01, 2011
- ADB to provide 7.4 billion dollar assistance to India for 2011-2013 - Jan 31, 2011
- India will grow 8.2 per cent in 2010: ADB - Apr 13, 2010
- NEDFi to back foreign investors' projects in northeast - Feb 09, 2011
- 'Public private partnerships to boost infrastructure in Asia' - May 30, 2012
- India signs $850 mn-worth loan agreements with ADB - Dec 22, 2009
- ADB offers $52 mn loan to curb coastal erosion in India - Aug 17, 2011
- ADB 'very concerned' about corruption in India - Feb 14, 2011
- ADB to finance roads in northeast - Jul 23, 2011
- ADB President calls on Mukherjee, both agree for strengthening cooperation - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,