Asia Society honours Mukesh AmbaniNovember 17th, 2010 - 2:44 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Nov 17 (IANS) Asia Society New York has presented its Global Vision Award to Mukesh Ambani, head of India’s Reliance Industries Ltd. at a gala event honoring global leaders who help promote understanding between Asians and Americans.
In 2009, Ambani was ranked fifth best performing CEO in the world by the Harvard Business Review and Reliance Industries, Ltd. was ranked the 15th most innovative company in the world in a survey conducted by Business Week and BCG.
Also honoured at the event here Tuesday night were General Electric Co. (GE) Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Immelt, who received Asia Society’s Global Leadership Award and the New York Philharmonic, America’s oldest symphony orchestra, which got the Cultural Ambassador Award in recognition of its bridge-building concerts around the globe.
Asia Society New York’s Annual Awards Dinner began in 1979 and continues to connect leaders and luminaries from the corporate, political, social, and arts communities. The gala event is the Society’s major annual fundraiser in support of its activities.
Founded in 1956, Asia Society is the leading global and pan-Asian organization working to strengthen relationships and promote understanding among the people, leaders and institutions of the United States and Asia.
- Eight IIM-B graduates awarded gold medals - Mar 30, 2012
- Gulf company to celebrate rise of Asia at New Delhi gala - Sep 21, 2011
- Gulf company to celebrate rise of Asia at Delhi gala - Oct 02, 2011
- Tagore in symphony with Bach and Beethoven - in Germany - Apr 17, 2012
- Shell's Vikram Singh Mehta named Asian business leader - Oct 13, 2010
- Siddhartha Mukherjee, 19 others win Light of India awards - Jun 05, 2012
- Music conductor Zubin Mehta honored with star on Hollywood Walk of Fame - Mar 02, 2011
- South Asian musicians present Beethoven for flood-hit Pakistan - Feb 01, 2011
- Lankan performers in India with classical repertoire - Aug 21, 2011
- ADB Institute opens developing Asia Journalism Awards competition - May 25, 2010
- Author-diplomat Navtej Sarna gets Sikh Heritage Award - Oct 16, 2011
- Zubin Mehta keen to perform in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 23, 2012
- Thirteen business leaders conferred with ABLF awards - Oct 04, 2011
- Rahman honoured at World Economic Forum - Jan 27, 2011
- 60 Minutes: Gustavo Dudamel Has A Musical Mission - May 17, 2010
Tags: asia society, asian organization, bridge building, business week, gala event, general electric, general electric co, global leaders, global leadership, global vision, harvard business review, innovative company, jeffrey immelt, leadership award, luminaries, mukesh ambani, new york philharmonic, reliance industries, reliance industries ltd, vision award